My Lumia 1020 is not working after installing W10M build 10080, how can I fix this?

Shikhar Chauhan

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 1020 not working after installing W10M build 10080

After installing build 10080, i did a hard reset , on my phone. After the hard reset, the phone turned off and didn't turn back on. After a while, it did, but is now stuck on the 'Nokia' screen. Stays there for a while and then turns off again and restarts. Caught in a loop.
1. Anyone facing the same issue?
2. If you resolved it, how did you do so?
3. If it can't be fixed, is my device done for?

JayStax

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes I saw only one other post that is experiencing this problem. We are not alone but as far as I know there is no way to fix it. I called Microsoft they said call Nokia to reset it back to factory default, Nokia is closed on weekends... I have a lumia 930 and I have the same issue only mine first says windows phone with red text in the bottom that says not for resale then it vibrates and does the Nokia thing and then crashes are resets

kewawoman

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Same problem on my Nokia 1020. Did a hard hard reset and re-install of 10080 two times from scratch, not using my old settings, and now works perfectly. Seriously. Not difficult to set up email, etc. Give it time.

Same for getting to OneDrive content. It's all there. Give it time. Also, you have to sign in to OneDrive. I did indirectly (and by accident) by installing Adobe reader, then opening Reader, and from Reader going to OneDrive, and THEN you are asked to submit Microsoft userid and password. Odd the you're not asked before, e.g., when you try directly to access OneDrive, but after three installs from scratch, the indirect route to opening your OneDrive account seems to be the only way to get to its content.

Creeto

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
On my Icon, I had to factory reset mine;under about in settings. I started from scratch and have not had the need to hard reset since .my phone hasn't been hot since either. There some bugs still at least its usable now.

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 1020 not working after installing W10M build 10080

Go back to 8.2, and wait for the next build. I tried out the times, and I gave up. 10052 was more stable.

Shikhar Chauhan

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 1020 not working after installing W10M build 10080

Okay, the problem was fixed. I switched off the phone and did a hard reset. It fixed the issue. I've tried turning my phone on/off repeatedly to check if it still goes into the loop. Luckily, It hasn't.
The issue that I am facing now, though, is that I am unable to install apps from Store(beta).

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Same problem on my Nokia 1020. Did a hard hard reset and re-install of 10080 two times from scratch, not using my old settings, and now works perfectly. Seriously. Not difficult to set up email, etc. Give it time.

Same for getting to OneDrive content. It's all there. Give it time. Also, you have to sign in to OneDrive. I did indirectly (and by accident) by installing Adobe reader, then opening Reader, and from Reader going to OneDrive, and THEN you are asked to submit Microsoft userid and password. Odd the you're not asked before, e.g., when you try directly to access OneDrive, but after three installs from scratch, the indirect route to opening your OneDrive account seems to be the only way to get to its content.

I had exactly the same experience and I'm about to install build 10080 for the fourth time. The first install gave me a /bde/ dir not found then followed by the symptoms mentioned above. To resolve the first and 3rd instances, the recovery tool was needed but the second instance I did a hard reset. I am a little reluctant to try a fourth time but after reading what you guys have said coupled with the fact that this build is actually very good, I'm going ahead again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo