Windows 10 mobile 10080 : Start Screen Loading

njnbat

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
My lumia 920 is getting loading screen and it takes hours to show the start screen. Is there a work around for this or should I revert back to previous build. If reverting back is the only option , is it possible to revert it back to windows 10 initial build for mobile.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Do a hard reset :) Turn off the phone by pressing the power button and drag the floating lockscreen down.

Once the phone is off... press power button to turn on phone, once on the logo appears, quickly press the vol down button and hold it. This gets you to an exclamation mark, let go at that point..

Pres vol up, down, power and vol down button (in this exact order and not at the same time)..

Then the phone will bring you to the spinning gears, put it on charge and wait. Once finished you will have to go through your setup

Last edited:

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Best way is to hard reset. Some members posted some tips to fix it, but honestly hard resetting fixes a lot of other issues you might experience.

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hard reset didn't work until I redid it, signed in then restored from an 8.1 backup. But now my inbox tile is gone! It's there and working but I can only get at it through the calendar.

njnbat

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Hard reset fixed the issue and even other minor issues with the phone.

Follow the steps below to get rid of the issue and work with 10080 build.

1) Power the device off

2) Press the power key once, device will vibrate

3) Immediately press and hold the Volume Down key

4) Exclamation point will appear, release Volume Down key

5) Press these buttons one at a time in this order:

- Volume Up, Volume Down, Power, Volume Down

6) Device should vibrate, reboot, show the Nokia flash screen, and then go to the spinning gears install screen.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
For some reason I was pissed my alarms weren't backed up :p However im happy with the way things currently are, because for a week or so I couldn't install anything.....

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I just figured out another bug, that ironically solves this bug lol - if you get to that black screen, swipe down the action centre and press+hold on the media connect icon. It'll crash, and voila! You'll have a Start screen :p

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I just figured out another bug, that ironically solves this bug lol - if you get to that black screen, swipe down the action centre and press+hold on the media connect icon. It'll crash, and voila! You'll have a Start screen :p

I couldn't even access that :p

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I hard reset 3times. Start screen works fine.. But if i access stores beta,or change some start screen setting than start screen again loading... And have to do a soft reset and again its working fine,that media connect trick not working for me

Creeto

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I hard reset 3times. Start screen works fine.. But if i access stores beta,or change some start screen setting than start screen again loading... And have to do a soft reset and again its working fine,that media connect trick not working for me
Same to me, however I decided to factory reset and start from scratch with so far over 24 hours I have not had the loading start screen issues . There are still bugs but at least its usable now with out having to reset or get hot

grezmel

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I have had this problem for a few days - full reset worked for me - Windows 10 working on my Nokia 1020 and hasn't locked up since the reset.

Groover1971

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm biting the bullet and installing Windows 10 Preview on my Icon right now. I'll play around with it for a while unless it really is unusable. I have the Recovery Tool ready and waiting just in case.

Update: It seems that Windows 10 didn't like my Lumia Icon. After the install and several expected restarts, the phone is now stuck in an endless loop of logos (Nokia, Windows, and Verizon). Then a short vibration and it starts all over again. I have tried various button sequences but haven't been able to do a hard reset to set it back to factory conditions. The Recovery Tool software doesn't do any good either. I am about to the point of raising the white flag and taking in to Verizon, not that they will be any help but maybe my insurance will get a replacement.

Update 2: With some perseverance and a lot of luck, I was able to get it reset to 8.1 again. My biggest problem was that the battery was already run down after so may restarts. The Microsoft Recovery Tool had a difficult time connecting. It finally installed and is now charging normally again. Needless to say, I won't be doing that again anytime soon.

Last edited:

Rupert Young

May 18, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded from 8.1 to 10080 on my 920 and I also had the problem with endless start screen loading. I could get to notifications, cortana. I did a hard resent from within all settings and then it worked fine. On my 630 which I had upgraded from a previous build of 10, it got stuck in a endless reboot cycle (appeared to be a low memory problem), did a hard reset and it worked fine. Seems like upgrading and keeping data not stable in this build. Otherwise it seems much better quality than previous builds so far

Yogendra1911

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
have got the same issue on my L1020. And I have also got the solution without hard reset to get start screen, if not for all at least it works for me all the time so give it a try.

1. Remove lock passcode if you have any [it will help on step 3] from action center setting option.
2. Do soft reset [power + vol down]
3. After Windows screen you ll have lock screen. Quickly turn on Flight Mode.
So in this step your time and date will be reset and thats what we are trying to achieve. For me it resets on 10th of May 12:45 PM.
4. Once you have flight mode on swipe the lock screen up to have start screen.
You ll have black screen with loading, wait for a few seconds. Press power button twice wait for a few secs on lock screen. go to start screen, it will now have black screen without loading. If you have that just wait start screen will appear. if not press power again and open again.

Make sure you quickly turn the flight mode on before the time updates automatically. If time is updated its not working for me.
After this my glance also started working.

This method works for me every time. However this will not prevent from further loading/resuming start screens.
Let me know if this works for anyone else.

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
this what I did
Soft reset multiple times start screen works but later again "loading..."
Hard reset 3 times using the volume up, down, and power key start screen works but later again "loading..."
finally
Downgraded to windows phone 8.1 using Windows Phone Recovery Tool and just updated the in built apps + (installed) windows insider app and updated to the windows 10 mobile os version 10.0.12562.84
Still the same issue have to do SOFT RESET TO USE MY PHONE...

Richard Culverhouse

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I am doing (yet another bloody) hard reset.
The phone was fine until I selected the Full option for the background on the Start page of the Personalisation section in Settings.
Having it set to Tile has been fine.
Is anyone else getting problems because of this (The 'Full' option)...?
I will give feedback to Microsoft when I am up and running again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb