Pin to Start - Lumia 930

dvs-626

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Ive got a spare Lumia 625 which ive been using to test the TP as it progresses.

However last night my Lumia 930 decided to update to Windows 10 Mobile TP while i slept. It was a little unexpected because i dont actually have the Windows Insider software installed on this device. Either way it is what it is and since this is my daily driver i thought id give it a chance before going back to 8.1.

One thing thats really annoying me right now and i cant seem to find anything about the issue is the fact that im unable to pin quite a few of my applications to the start screen. I believe the reason for this is because it thinks that these items are already pinned to the start screen.

While i was dragging around some tiles my suspicions were further confirmed when somehow i accidentally landed on top of a folder (which appeared to be hidden) when i hit this folder it opened up and it allowed my to unpin all the items in it. However this is just one of the folders and tiles that appear to be hidden. Is there any other way to unpin the tiles. Or has anyone come across the issue at all?

Any help would be great appreciated.

If nothing comes of this ill just go back to 8.1.

nishant786

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Try a soft reset a couple of times, it usually works after it stabilises a bit. Also, and this is important, upgrading from 8.1 to 10 directly is a little more buggy than usual.
Upgrading to 10, then reseting, and starting fresh (or if really needed then from a backup) works better - better not daily driver better, just, *almost bearable*.
Again, letting the phone sit for a day, weirdly helps it run more stable than fresh upgrade.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans