hi guys i have read all your comments
i am using 920 as my primary phone so i am installing
this preview
i want to confirm that is battery saver app working fine
can u disable background task so the battery life could improve
has anybody used this n find some improvement in battery life
plz let me know
thankyou

I don't know about W10M but on WP8.1 I got dramatically better battery life by disabling background tasks for all apps except the Cortana, Battery Saver and Pinned apps.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I know that even i have disabled many apps in background in WP8.1

by the thankyou very much for your kind help..

For me W10 on my 920 the battery saver app does not open at all.
In the settings I can open it but only see the battery level.
So I can enable/disable apps working on the back ground.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
After the install I did a hard reset. But it was stil "buggy". So I used the WPSR and installed everything fresh.

brooose

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I found, with respect to the Start Screen hanging, this started happening if I adjusted the transparency or went to 3 columns of square tiles from 2. Since I kept 2 columns and left the transparency alone, it loads quickly. Still, the unresponsive lockscreen bug plus the fact that Full Movies and Full TV wouldn't work with my Chromecast (through Watch On TV), forced me to roll back to 8.1. I loved the look of 10 and hope to try it out again soon on my 920.

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I found, with respect to the Start Screen hanging, this started happening if I adjusted the transparency or went to 3 columns of square tiles from 2. Since I kept 2 columns and left the transparency alone, it loads quickly. Still, the unresponsive lockscreen bug plus the fact that Full Movies and Full TV wouldn't work with my Chromecast (through Watch On TV), forced me to roll back to 8.1. I loved the look of 10 and hope to try it out again soon on my 920.

Good observation! I completely failed to notice this :)

Wishallrah

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I running the 10080 build on my L920 since the day it was released and liking it a lot. Below are the bugs that i am facing:

1. Unable to ping the apps that was previously pinned to my start screen when i was on wp8.1.
2. Unable to download additional phone languages and speech and as a result cortana is not working.
3. Many apps that i have installed does not seem to work (but these apps are not so frequently used so i am ok with it).
4. Calendar preview crashes when i try to open recurring appointments and also does not update the upcoming appointments on the live tile. But i do get appointment alerts in the notification center.
5. Outlook preview does not update the live tile either (but no crashes). No notifications for new emails in the notification center and on live tile.
6. Start screen very rarely goes to loading... for a few seconds.
7. Photos app does not show the albums.
8. Caller ID feature does not work at time (does not show the name of the person calling, though the contact is saved in my contact list).
9. Battery Saver does not work. So you cannot block the apps from running in he background.
10. Glance screen has disappeared.

Other than these, my phone works pretty well. I get the same battery life i used to on wp8.1 and the phone also does not heat up. All of the above bugs have been reported to MS via the feedback app. Hopefully they will fix them in their next build. Loving the new Outlook, Calender and Office preview apps.

For those who have issues downloading additional keybaords. Try this:

1. Install the Windows Insider app (if you have uninstalled it... I had :smile:).
2. Open it and repeat the process of getting new the new Windows 10 build.
3. Now download add the additional keyboard and check for updates.

This is how i installed additional keyboards.

Ivaylo Badinov

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I think battery issues may be caused by wrong calibration. You have to wait it to completely discharge until no longer powers on, then charge it to 100% and you should be fine. If the phone does not properly detect how much juice is in the battery it will report much less capacity. Then it will not properly calculate the % it uses and the power meter will be all wrong. Discharge-charge trick will calibrate it. You may need to do it two times.

IceCake

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
In my first attempts at installing W10 on my Lumia 920, I kept encountering endless reboots at the Nokia logo. I found out that by not logging into my MSN account during setup, and, changing "regional" and "language" setting after the install completed, then rebooting the device manually, was what caused it to go into a continuous reboot. On my successful install (I did a "hard rest" to get the phone out of the endless loop by holding down the "down" volume until the exclamation point appeared, then press volume "up", "down", "power" and "down" again), I signed into MSN during the setup, I choose the "start fresh" option when prompted, and I left the "region" and "language" at their default settings (for some reason my 920 was set for Canada, However, I live in the States). Also, I was sure NOT to "skip" any steps (this time) during setup...I just waiting until everything finished processing before moving forward.

Changing settings and skipping steps during and after setup will cause some (native) apps to have update errors, and they will not install. Leave Everything to finish processing for maybe 15 mins, then restart your device. Your phone should be fine then.

Now, every time I restart the phone, I no longer encounter this endless reboot, the phone boots to a start screen as it should. Also, it runs just as smoothly now as when I had 8.1 installed before 10080. :)

NOTE:
Your region, language, and time zone can be set back to what they should be according to the area where you live only AFTER you have gone through ALL of the steps during setup and made sure that you left those regional and language settings "as is" during the install process. Let you phone settle for a good while before rebooting it manually, then make changes after the restart. Everything should be fine then.

Choosing a "fresh start" is just like doing a "clean" install on your PC, it makes the computer run MUCH better. This is also the same as doing a clean install of drivers for your PC. ^_~

Last edited:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes it did. I got "extra's" under settings and only sometimes a few seconds "loading" start screen. (and I use transparent tiles and a background picture).

My WPTP start screen is kinda smooth but after a few tiles go by, it stops scrolling. Like it was doing pages.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb