Windows 10 mobile - the ugliest future...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
One thing that all my freinds ( all of us are windows enthusiast) have agreed to, that except start screen , every single thing related to win 10 is ugly.. And we all are heading to an ugly future... And killing the me tile completely, was probably most rude thing done to the OS... Hope you agree with me and buddies..

Last edited:

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: The ugliest future....

Hard to say. Once the UI gets a consistent look as far as fonts and sizes, it should be better. I don't think the true W10M areas of the current build are ugly, they just stand out so much compared to the rest of the OS. I think the usability suffers a bit due to placement of the hamburger menu etc, but I don't think it looks worse than WP8.1. Let's face it, WP8.1 isn't exactly a pretty OS either, in fact I'd argue that from a pure esthetics POV, Windows 10 looks better (the Settings section, for example).

Also, it looks more like iOS and Android in some aspects, so I think people new to W10M might have a more positive view of it.

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: The ugliest future....

Hard to say. Once the UI gets a consistent look as far as fonts and sizes, it should be better. I don't think the true W10M areas of the current build are ugly, they just stand out so much compared to the rest of the OS. I think the usability suffers a bit due to placement of the hamburger menu etc, but I don't think it looks worse than WP8.1. Let's face it, WP8.1 isn't exactly a pretty OS either, in fact I'd argue that from a pure esthetics POV, Windows 10 looks better (the Settings section, for example).

Also, it looks more like iOS and Android in some aspects, so I think people new to W10M might have a more positive view of it.

I agree on 8.1 part but 10 , if you look closely is a complete mess ... It has nothing what made wp "THE WP",

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I agree on 8.1 part but 10 , if you look closely is a complete mess ... It has nothing what made wp "THE WP",

Yes, WP 10 is a freaking disaster mess, because it isn't consistent with the amazing design principles af WP. It is taking on the very worst aspects of the other OS in the name of "Oh, it will be familiar to more people.". Read the many articles and research on the topic. The copy cat hamburger menu doesn't do the job, Do a search on it for yourself. It is functionally horrible for one handed use, in lieu of the wonderful pivots/panoramas with all their obvious visual clues hinting there is "more" to display. I really think the actual problem is Microsoft marketing to get the good word out, not that people can't understand ideas that are innovative. They need to know the better ideas exist. They are fixing a failure in marketing communication by giving up and just copying someone else.

Best Wishes

Last edited:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
That sucks no more me tile! They could of done so much more with this .

Wait until either apple or google introduce this into their OS then watch it miraculously reappear.....

The actual problem is Microsoft marketing to get the good word out, not that people can't understand better ideas. They need to know the better ideas exist. They are fixing a failure in marketing communication by giving up and just copying someone else.

Best Wishes

QFT

idokamaroq

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes, WP 10 is a freaking disaster mess, because it isn't consistent with the amazing design principals af WP.

No, WP 10 is a freaking disaster mess, because it isn't remotely close to being finished and is just bits and pieces of old WP8.1 and new W10 UI/UX cobbled together. Once it's actually done, it'll all be more streamlined and flow together better. A lot different from WP8.1 (not saying better or worse because it's hard to tell from little buggy glimpses), but not a "freaking disaster mess."

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
No, WP 10 is a freaking disaster mess, because it isn't remotely close to being finished and is just bits and pieces of old WP8.1 and new W10 UI/UX cobbled together. Once it's actually done, it'll all be more streamlined and flow together better. A lot different from WP8.1 (not saying better or worse because it's hard to tell from little buggy glimpses), but not a "freaking disaster mess."

You my freind then have never lived life wp way....the me tile was not something they could kill at for any fcking reason but they did tha because " it was not familier to others", .

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
MS must stick to its innovations, MS needs a good marketing strategy, MS needs to show of what does hub mean, what are Rooms and how can we use it, MS problem is that it throw an idea and wait for people to learn what is it and how to use it.
Tons of my friends show me what they think is innovation in other OS's, they find some features inventions because their OEMs know how to market!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
You never used it because msft made it useless..... It was my most loving point in windows phone 8.

If that's your biggest problem in your live you are a blessed person.
Maybe you now also realize which terrible, terrible live your parents have (had in the past) before there where smartphones.

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Glance screen, Pure view, Social network integration, Hubs, live tiles, Cortana, and alot more of inventions, people never know about it, never know how to use it, here in Saudi Arabia as example, they love what they see, they use what they knew about, many of my colleagues never thought to search the web and know more about WP.
One of my close friends used my phone for about 10 minutes and he was shocked, Word Flow works perfectly worth Arabic, live tiles and how he can pin whatever he want, he's a social network fan, so pining WhatsApp groups, IG accounts, Twitter hash tags, is a killing feature!

Really MS needs a good advertising strategy!!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Indeed but advertising on TV or whatever is good but what you do is even better.
I believe my friends much more than any advertising campaign or whatever.
So keep up and spread the word, that is very important to gain market share for windows phones.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't think Windows 10 mobile is ugly in itself. Some parts look passable (keyboard). It just looks like garbage in comparison to what came before it. Rounded toggles, hard to make out wireframe icons, circle profile pictures, etc. They're all fine when you view them alone but when you put them alongside stuff from 8.1 it just feels a massive visual downgrade. Even the settings menus which is better organized is a shoddy rip-off of the one on my Android phone from 2011. Just dull, uninspired and not at all what I came to expect from WP. The stylish Metro design language was a big part of why I ditched Android (and Google) and came to WP in the first place. If WP looked liked W10 does now (the finished areas) I would've never left Android.

The real deal breaker of W10 is the asinine backward steps in usability. A clunky hamburger icon in the upper left corner is never going to be as easy to use as a pivot. End of story.

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't think Windows 10 mobile is ugly by itself. Some parts look passable (keyboard). It just looks like garbage in comparison to what came before it. Rounded toggles, hard to make out wireframe icons, circle profile pictures, etc. They're all fine when you view them alone but when you put them alongside stuff from 8.1 it just feels a massive visual downgrade. Even the settings menus which is better organized is a shoddy rip-off of the one on my Android phone from 2011. Just dull, uninspired and not at all what I came to expect from WP. The stylish Metro design language was a big part of why I ditched Android (and Google) and came to WP in the first place. If WP looked liked W10 does now (the finished areas) I would've never left Android.

The real deal breaker of W10 is the asinine backward steps in usability. A clunky hamburger icon in the upper left corner is never going to be as easy to use as a pivot. End of story.
I think the simplest solution for the hamburger button is move it to the bottom and move the whole think up to it, I know it will be just like the current (...) but MS want it baaaadly so let them add it but we will choose where to put it!

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes, WP 10 is a freaking disaster mess, because it isn't consistent with the amazing design principles af WP. It is taking on the very worst aspects of the other OS in the name of "Oh, it will be familiar to more people.".

So you mean to say that all the aspects on other OS is worse always and WP 8.1 was better than other OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)