Just a thought

PratikMade

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Meanwhile in parallel universe: Windows phone is top OS in the world while Apple is 3rd. But Apple introduces continuum in OS X & iPhone. I wonder what would happen then?

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Meanwhile in parallel universe: Windows phone is top OS in the world while Apple is 3rd. But Apple introduces continuum in OS X & iPhone. I wonder what would happen then?

The world would stop as all news outlets, including fox, would have all their attention on apples unveiling as they reinvent the computer before everyone's eyes.

Don Geronimo

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Assuming that it would be easy for an iOS/OSX/Objective-C/Swift developer to make a code-once-adapt-to-any-iOS-or-OSX device app, it would probably turn as many heads as Windows's Continuum does.

AFAIK I don't think that's an easy thing to do on the iOS/OSX camp, because I don't think there's a concept of universal app in Apple's camp.

PratikMade

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Assuming that it would be easy for an iOS/OSX/Objective-C/Swift developer to make a code-once-adapt-to-any-iOS-or-OSX device app, it would probably turn as many heads as Windows's Continuum does.

AFAIK I don't think that's an easy thing to do on the iOS/OSX camp, because I don't think there's a concept of universal app in Apple's camp.

Everyone would be like Apple is the king of OS. Reinventing technology is in their Dna. Have you seen thier iLens it's a holoprojector which runs iHolo apps?

Don Geronimo

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
With the way Apple is doing things at present, Continuum on phones doesn't make sense for Apple; it could cannibalize sales of their OS X computers if the iPhones can become computers by adding a keyboard, mouse, and screen.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
With the way Apple is doing things at present, Continuum on phones doesn't make sense for Apple; it could cannibalize sales of their OS X computers if the iPhones can become computers by adding a keyboard, mouse, and screen.

Apple never cared about that sort of thing. The iPhone also cannibalized the iPod, which was a huge part of their profits back then.

Don Geronimo

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Apple never cared about that sort of thing. The iPhone also cannibalized the iPod, which was a huge part of their profits back then.

That's very true, and truth be told the only thing it might cannibalize is the Apple TV, even that. It still seems unlikely

Until Tim Cook makes a comment about how nobody would use a phone with a keyboard and mouse.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos