Windows 10 Build 10122 issues with HP Stream 7

ajansari

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
After patiently waiting for almost two hours for my Stream 7 to update to build 10122 from the last build (10074), the install got to about 60-70 percent before I started seeing a BSOD (blue screen of death). Didn't get a chance to take a screenshot but the issue was related to some driver issue. The system tried to fix it twice and finally ended up rolling back to Build 10074.
After restoring the old build, I was presented with the following message: "Sorry, we couldn't complete the update to Windows 10. We've restored your previous version of Windows to this PC. 0xC1900101 - 0x40017"
Has anyone else with a Stream 7 tried to update from 10074 or another build to 10122?

ajansari

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I didn't have a micro SD card, but did have a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse that were connected when I started the update. Disabled Bluetooth and tried again. Got the same DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD error at about 75% but this time, it auto rebooted and was able to move along and complete the install without further incident. After the first manual reboot post-upgrade, I got a similar error but it hasn't happened since (did 5-6 reboots). Bluetooth and WiFi are working, although the WiFi performance is degraded from time to time.
Biggest annoyances/bugs discovered:
1. Cortana auto launches and won't go away without a fight.
2. When dragging a tile with a finger, the tile refuses to drop in place and keeps floating even after you've moved away from the start screen to desktop or an app. It will usually disappear once the orientation is changed from portrait to landscape or vice versa. It happens with a mouse as well, but less frequently.

Overall, it's a fantastic build for tablets, especially smaller ones like Stream 7. Still some imperfections, but this is finally starting to come together.

Also updated an Alienware laptop (M11xR3) without issues.

Chad Barnett

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue with my Stream 7 as well. Same errors and all. Nothing attached except for a SD card. I will remove it and disable bluetooth to see if that helps. Thanks for the tip about disabling bluetooth. Hopefully that will help my situation.

Chad Barnett

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Disabling Bluetooth, removing the SD card and running the command Gabe Aul put on twitter seemed to work for me. I was able to update the stream 7 from 10074 to 10122. One or all three worked for me. Thanks again for the Bluetooth tip.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss