Windows 10 Mobile app updates info.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I know that there is already a Today's app update but I thought that maybe it would be nice to have a thread here concerning all Windows 10 Mobile app updates.

So far:

- All MSN apps (Weather, Money, Sports, News) (so far nothing as a live tile)
- Outlook Mail (Mail and Calendar)

Also, I don't know if in the Store Beta - downloads - check for updates is working all the time because when I tried it I saw that Mail was already being updated but also Music Preview..now the app didn't change but I can't see any update anymore.

Last edited:

Ickis99

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
And also the Beta-Store has no option to just check for updates without downloading and installing it. When i heared of the Outlook Update i checked and one minute later he was already updating it with a bunch of other apps, including updates that have no Name or Thumbnail. If i wouldn?t have checked the Outlook Version manually i would not even know there was an update. I hope this gets fixed with the next build because when you are testing something it is REALLY annoying when Apps update silently.

Last edited:

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
And also the Beta-Store has no option to just check for updates without downloading and installing it. When i heared of the Outlook Update i checked and one minute later he was already updating it with a bunch of other apps, including updates that have no Name or Thumbnail. If i wouldn?t have checked the Outlook Version manually i would not even know there was an update. I hope this gets fixed with the next build because when you are testing something it is REALLY annoying when Apps update silently.

Thanks for the info. On my side, I don't get update at all... It seems like the Store Beta doesn't register that I have the apps already installed. For example, if I check for Mail and Calendar right now, it will give me the Install button.

So which one did you see updating yesterday?

Ickis99

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info. On my side, I don't get update at all... It seems like the Store Beta doesn't register that I have the apps already installed. For example, if I check for Mail and Calendar right now, it will give me the Install button.

So which one did you see updating yesterday?

Apart from the Mail Client i remember the Office Preview Apps (Excel, Word, OneNote). Updates found in Beta-Store are easy to miss because if you go to "Downloads" and click "Check for Updates" it seems like nothing happens. But if i go back to "Home" and then go to "Downloads" again i can see the available updates. But if you wait to long, they are already installed and you will never find out because theres no Update-Log.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Apart from the Mail Client i remember the Office Preview Apps (Excel, Word, OneNote). Updates found in Beta-Store are easy to miss because if you go to "Downloads" and click "Check for Updates" it seems like nothing happens. But if i go back to "Home" and then go to "Downloads" again i can see the available updates. But if you wait to long, they are already installed and you will never find out because theres no Update-Log.

Ok thanks for the clarification. That's what I will do next time.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Also, unless Im missing something there's no longer a download history section where you can check which apps were recently updated. Then again I don't see an auto update option and that was the only reason Id need to check download history. Hopefully when auto update functionality is restored the download history section will be restored with it.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok now I just went to Downloads and check for updates....

I went back two minutes later and I see :

- MSN News
- Music Preview
- MSN Weather

They are all with the message "Give us a few minutes"

Trying again and I will report back...

Honestly it is not easy to know if we have updates for the apps or not sometimes...

Ok so it updated the apps but nothing new I can see.

Also, I'm stuck with having the old MSN weather...just a square in the app list.

Last edited:

Formula84

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Also, unless Im missing something there's no longer a download history section where you can check which apps were recently updated. Then again I don't see an auto update option and that was the only reason Id need to check download history. Hopefully when auto update functionality is restored the download history section will be restored with it.

If you check the old store app it has the apps that were updated via the new store in downloads history.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium