Why dual sims?

Kodiak12

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Pardon my ignorance but why are dual sim phones so popular? One for data, the other for voice/text? One personal, the other business? Maybe one is used for international calling?

Just curious. I see these mainly in emerging markets. (I am in the U.S.)

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I suppose it gives you freedom like if you get the phone dual sim unlocked you don't gave to be tied down to one mobile carrier at the same time. You can have one carrier that provides great data and the other one for great talk and text deals.

desitunez

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Its normal to have mutltiple phone numbers ,
1 for business / personal.
Data packs for 1 carrier may offer better deal than other
Range/Signal issues in certain parts - so people like 1 network over other in certain area.
There are state based roaming charges , eg if you travel for work to another state you get charged for incoming calls , so people have another number for that state.
Dynamic market , there is new telco player every 3-4 months so people change numbers .

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a phone with dual SIMs here in the US.
SIM one is for data use since calls and texts on it's plan are limited.
SIM two has a refillable Pay as You Go gold plan card in it with over 6000 minutes on the account.

I didn't want to give up the account in SIM 2 since it's the number everyone has for me.
I rather not get calls or texts on SIM 1.
Carrying two phones is not convenient.

nesetceri

May 6, 2015
Visit site
So why most of the Lumia 640 XL LTE is single sim ? The only place you can get Dual sim Amazon France (for Europe) Rest of the world single sim..surely it would make sense to produce all phones dual sim ..if you don't use dual sim so what..at least it is there

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
So why most of the Lumia 640 XL LTE is single sim ? The only place you can get Dual sim Amazon France (for Europe) Rest of the world single sim..surely it would make sense to produce all phones dual sim ..if you don't use dual sim so what..at least it is there

In the Netherlands you can also buy the dual LTE but it is about 5-15 euro more expensive that the single SIM. And that will be the reason why they not only make dual SIMs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes