No tiles on Start Screen stuck at Loading (temporary fix)

foxibs

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
This is a temporary fix. You won't have to reset or restart your phone. It has been working for me every time.
If you are having an issue with your start screen where tiles doesn't appear, turn On and Off Airplane mode. Do it several times until the tiles come back. In my case, after 3 attempts, they come back to the start screen.

Lumia 1520 User here...

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Interesting, I have found letting it attempt it a few times then leave it. Then try again and sorted for a while.....

Will try above next time. Why hasn't Ms released a bug list? And work around. This is a major issue and I am surprised they released this build knowing the start screen is screwed!

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
None of these work for me, I hit my camera button to turn it on, open task manager and close camera, repeat a few times and usually works. But none of this is reliable.

Kyle Stilkey

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I seems to be something with the extra tiles on screen. I'm not sure if it's just having an issue setting them up correctly or what but has seemed to fixed it for my 1020 and 1520 is to open up the settings and disable extra tiles on the start screen. Unpin almost everything leaving just very little on screen then re-enabling it and repining your tiles.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Looks like it doesn't matter what other process you start to get start screen. For me it's starting feedback app via hardware buttons, let out load completely, then hit the home button.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Random thought: do people with this problem have IE tiles pinned to Start from WP8.1 or after restoring from a WP8.1 backup?

Edit: nevermind, I unpinned all IE tiles, problem still recurs.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I just radically reduced number of tiles and so far so god, not even a single loading issue in the last 24 hours or so...
68dfa8f1014e46afaa39c487e9ad3074.png
893ae57dfa73716136edd0af98290883.png

That's all I have on my start at the moment, around 70% tiles removed comparing to my standard setup...

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just radically reduced number of tiles and so far so god, not even a single loading issue in the last 24 hours or so...

That's all I have on my start at the moment, around 70% tiles removed comparing to my standard setup...
Great. I wonder if there was a 'bad tile' among the ones you removed, or if for some reason a large number of tiles is the problem. Personally I have about two screens worth of small tiles, and I still see the loading .. loading .. problem occur.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Great. I wonder if there was a 'bad tile' among the ones you removed, or if for some reason a large number of tiles is the problem. Personally I have about two screens worth of small tiles, and I still see the loading .. loading .. problem occur.

It's hard to say really as I removed lot of them, I had around 4 to 5 screens and it is quite possible that problematic tile is among those removed tiles or it is simply related to number of tiles or combination of them, will try to slowly increase number of tiles in coming day, but for now I feeling really happy as I get rid of this annoying issue because I'm using this build on my primary device...

rld082982

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
This has been working for me: Reduce the extra tiles in settings, as others have mentioned. Then, hold the volume down + power button for 5sec or so... and you'll see a split second image of what looks like the people hub for some reason, then the start screen comes up

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss