How do I cancel the Win 10 update notification?

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey there folks

I am Windows insider and I tried W10 early build before on my L925, almost bricked my phone so decided to roll back and go for GDR2 and no further but its always popping up the W10 update, is there anyway to stop it ? Will it help if I uninstal the insider app? Or I have to stop being an insider. Thanks in advance

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Uninstalling the app does not help anymore.
If you did not download the W10 than you can keep ignoring it.
If it is already downloaded it will eventually get installed.

But if you did not download it yet (not allowed) then you still have a problem apart from the notification.
You can not download a keyboard or language anymore because you "blocked" the downloading.

So I would suggest that you uninstall the insider app, start a backup of apps and settings and back up the other stuff and do a factory reset and restore the back up. (you keep the GDR2)
And as long as you do not download and activate the insider app you are good and if you never want to use the insider you can also unroll.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
You can ignore it if not downloaded as described in the previous post but the problem is it wont show you any newer updates that are available later on at least this was my experience so you would always have to go the step to the version its offering right now before being able to update to a newer one.

I ended up doing a hard reset, was not that bad due to the good backup and restore mechanism of windows 8.1 in addition Extras + Infos app is now showing the software version with Lumia Denim correctly again which was set back to Lumia Cyan after the initial update to GDR2.

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Yea, I have to send the phone back anyway cause of the broken microphone (common issue on L925) so I would do the hard reset anyway. Thanks tho

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos