How do I avoid getting wp10 after update2?

Drakewarz

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi all you brilliant people.
I installed Insider yesterday to get Update 2 which worked like a charm.
After reboot i wanted to remove insider as wp10 is still too buggy for my main handset but before i got a chance wp10 popped up.
I have removed insider but i'm still getting prompted to download and install wp10.
If i go to updates it tells me that wp10 is ready for download too so i have removed auto update
How can i stop this ? or do i need to roll back to 8.1 update 1?? (Hope not, update 2 is awsome)

/Drake
Lumia 930 (ORANGE!! because a man can get orange too)
Update 2 (8.10.15116.125)

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Nope all you need to do is hard reset your phone and your good to go. Now update 2 is on your phone you will reset to update 2. It actually would be better to do so. A fresh install if you will. I have update 2, got it a different way (the reg edit way) but I did a hard reset once installed and its still here. I have to say its rocking!! Have you noticed how fast it is and the keyboard for some reason is more responsive and not to mention more calibrated to the touch.

Drakewarz

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Thank's i'll try a hard reset, would have liked not to but it's a very small inconvienience.
The keyboard is definately much more responsive but also the camera got another boost, at least on my phone. Now it starts instantly and is ready to shoot in ? a second or so.
BUT.. the best feature in my oppinion is still the redesigned settings menu. It falls completely out of design but it works very well for someone like me fiddling around in there all the time.

Thank you Again :smile:
/Drake

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Thank's i'll try a hard reset, would have liked not to but it's a very small inconvienience.
The keyboard is definately much more responsive but also the camera got another boost, at least on my phone. Now it starts instantly and is ready to shoot in ? a second or so.
BUT.. the best feature in my oppinion is still the redesigned settings menu. It falls completely out of design but it works very well for someone like me fiddling around in there all the time.

Thank you Again :smile:
/Drake

No thanks needed its what we are here for. Yes I have to say the settings menu is tonnes better and I like how you can look for the specific setting you need instead of scrolling endlessly. I'm happy your liking it. Much much better then update 1 and far superior then WP10TP. 😊

owoturotimi

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
If I have my apps installed on the sd card and I reset the phone would I have to redownload the apps. I know this sounds like a stupid question but maybe I'm that lucky not to redownload all apps again

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How can I get update 2 on my lumia 1520?

I don't recommend you do it unless you know what you're doing. It'll most likely (read: almost guarantee) require erasing your phone and starting fresh - and it may not even be available through the unofficial method to your 1520 flavor.

If I have my apps installed on the sd card and I reset the phone would I have to redownload the apps. I know this sounds like a stupid question but maybe I'm that lucky not to redownload all apps again

You will have to redownload the apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon