Install Windows 10 on Surface 3?

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I am a bit confused on how to install windows 10 preview on my surface 3. I found this page and it has this line here
To install Windows 10 Insider Preview on your Surface Pro model or Surface 3, you?ll need to download an ISO image and install it using USB or external DVD media.

so I went to that link but it brings me to a page with a header of "Download a recovery image for your Surface" and gives me a downloadable file of "Surface3_BMR_10_4.22.0.zip" Is this windows 10 or a recovery image?

I really was hoping it could be just done from the surface much like the phone does.

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Can I download it directly on the surface and mount it or does it have to be external? So what I downloaded resets back to factory default essentially?

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Following the instructions on the page you linked to includes some commands to clean the hard disk using diskpart - you'll be setting up as a new machine i.e. all files/applications/data currently on the hard disk will be deleted.

Alternatively, you could try mounting the ISO and doing an Update.

H Seldon

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Build 10125 is ok. gfx driver crashes a lot with Spartan. And there are other little issues, but better than 10122. 10130 runs well on my Surface pro. I haven't seen any new builds drop internally yet.

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I can't remember the exact number I have but I think mine end in 70? Kinda disappointed so far with it probably will revert back. Was hoping that it would have auto keyboard in tablet mode but this does not seem to be the case.......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs