Waiting Room for Windows 10 Mobile Build 10136

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtremez

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Waiting for the next build, well they are previews so the caveats of installing it were not things that we did not know of. Currently, it's definitely not ready to be used as a daily driver, just too buggy.

​For the Lumia 535, the scaling is still abit off.

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Using 10080 on my l1020...as a daily....most things work well....a few hics here and there...a few screen lockups....but hey...its a TP...i don't know why people are saying its so bad...its working well-ish on my device...as expected for a TP....For those with issues....do a reset....power off device....power + vol down...release power but keep holding vol down when Nokia logo appears until you see the big exclamation mark...then press in this sequence vol up down power down....but DO NOT RESTORE ANY BACKUPS....start fresh...make sure you save pics etc on a computer then you can drag and drop....i think those who restore are getting the issues...

luniboy26

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Waiting Room for Windows 10 Mobile Build 10134

Hopefully some exciting beautiful 925 inspired phones come out later this year. Give me that metal body, but curved and get away from these squared off corners (I know a lot of you like them, I don't).

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully some exciting beautiful 925 inspired phones come out later this year. Give me that metal body, but curved and get away from these squared off corners (I know a lot of you like them, I don't).

So you want an iPhone 6? Sorry, Apple has patented the "square" with round corners :(

Edit: Was thinking about the similarities between iP6 and L925 side profile.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Good evening,
The guy who asked in twitter is still in 8.1 and has downloaded the 10080 but has not installed it yet, he asked Gabe how will he update to 10136 when its released, Gabe said to him to continue on the 10080 first as he has already downloaded it.
What I think is, if he hadn't downloaded the 10080 yet he doesn't have to go through the 10080 first in time the 10136 is available.

So far I've rolled back every TP to 8.1 and upgraded directly from 8.1. No incrementals, which is nice.

bsbharath1987

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Contrary to many people's observations here, I've been running 10080 on my 830 as a daily driver for the past 3 weeks. I somehow feel the build is getting more stable week by week. I get a non-responsive touchscreen issue roughly about once a day, a restart will fix it. Other than that, it's fairly stable.

thephiri2point1

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Let's hope its a little bit further on from the leaked 134, which was said to be stable and perhaps a suitable daily driver. I would love to be able to pin multiple inboxes to the homescreen. You'd think we'd get used to having the hornets nest poked with a stick every week or so. But I still react as if repeatedly stung about the head and shoulders every time Aul coyly tweets out some bait, and then just as coyly reels it back in. I had rolled back because of instability. I Pavlovianly signed back up for the TP and now I am stalling the requests to update.

I have multiple inboxes pinned on my homescreen. In outlook press hamburger menu then long press any of the accounts listed at the bottom. You get an option to pin

luniboy26

May 7, 2013
Visit site
So you want an iPhone 6? Sorry, Apple has patented the "square" with round corners :(

Edit: Was thinking about the similarities between iP6 and L925 side profile.

Not an iPhone 6, just a better looking 925 not exclusive to T-Mobile. I feel that outside of the app problem with Windows Phone, a lot of people just avoid them because they don't find them particularly attractive as a personal device. The 925 to me was the best looking Windows Phone and if it wasn't stuck on T-Mobile might've got a lot more traction.

Elitis

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Not an iPhone 6, just a better looking 925 not exclusive to T-Mobile. I feel that outside of the app problem with Windows Phone, a lot of people just avoid them because they don't find them particularly attractive as a personal device. The 925 to me was the best looking Windows Phone and if it wasn't stuck on T-Mobile might've got a lot more traction.

The Lumia 925 was released for AT&T as well.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

its already been stated by Gab that you will need 10080 installed and set on the fast ring to install the next build. If you are not it will install 10080 before installing the next build. Read up n stuff before saying stuff that is not fact before replying.

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
its already been stated by Gab that you will need 10080 installed and set on the fast ring to install the next build. If you are not it will install 10080 before installing the next build. Read up n stuff before saying stuff that is not fact before replying.

Gab already said to a guy that no need to install 10080 for 10136.. :/

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site

Only if you already have the update queued in by the insider app, if not you can go directly to 10136 if it comes out.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My wifi tethering is non-functional on my 1020 ATT, is that to be expected with 10080 or is it just my phone and I need to do a hard reset?

I had to hard reset yesterday because I lost all wi-fi functionality. It would find the networks and connect fine it just didn't USE them for some reason. 10080 has been horribly unstable for me. I'm trying to hold on for a few more days to see if they release a new build but if they take any longer than a few days I'm rolling back. 10080 has been painful.

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Contrary to many people's observations here, I've been running 10080 on my 830 as a daily driver for the past 3 weeks. I somehow feel the build is getting more stable week by week. I get a non-responsive touchscreen issue roughly about once a day, a restart will fix it. Other than that, it's fairly stable.

I feel like this too, but I have to remind myself that this is partly a form of acquired avoidance. I've been stung enough times by the elements which cause a problem to avoid using them or to employ some other workaround, and when you've been doing that for long enough it is possible to forget that some of these issues exist.

Already, after yesterday's update of the Mail app, I'm hitting the hardware Back key without thinking about it because the on-screen one inside the app will crash Mail. Similarly, I won't touch the Sync button in the app because it will also crash the app. In the last incarnation of Mail, I would hop in and out of mails to bypass the hanging Sync problem. These are just a couple of the issues, and I couldn't blame another user for thinking the OS has some pretty fundamental issues, even if for me the experience is pretty smooth (only because I've learned not to rock the boat).

I do think it's decent though, and I love the direction the OS is taking. Much, much better than older WP editions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo