Waiting Room for Windows 10 Mobile Build 10136

Status
Not open for further replies.

HungryPotter21

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Please help, im done updating but was only giving me resuming/loading screen. I have done hard reset multiple times but still no luck. TIA

Last edited:

systematicchaos

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Just installed windows 10 build 10136 on my lumia 535, so far its better and usable. There was a problem with Music app first, but then it took around 60 minutes to settle everything down.
The only problem im facing is that error messages of any app cannot be seen. The screen dims but there's no dialogue box on the top, just a little mark on the top left. This problem is just in portrait mode, the dialogue box is displayed once I get in the landscape mode. This is happening in the photos app, messaging app and almost everywhere, the low battery notification as well.
Is anyone facing a similar issue on any other device?? I think this is a scaling issue:

systematicchaos

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
This was the hardware hard reset path for the lumia icon. may work the same for other lumias. I did the hard reset and I swear this feels like a totally different operating system compared to the upgrade path. (Did not restore any backups)

1. Turn the power Off.
2. Press and hold the Volume down and connect the charger or the USB cable with PC, for about 8 seconds, you will see an exclamation mark (!) on the screen. Note: If you do not press any of the following keys, then the phone wp8 will starts boot normally.
Then press the keys in this exact order:
1. Volume up
2. Volume down
3. Power
4. Volume down
The phone will reset and restart. Please note this may take a few minutes.
All data will be lost!

I haven't tried hard resetting yet. Was there a change in the overall performance of the OS after a hard reset/clean install?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Piece of ****, no other way to put it.... I installed 10080 and had a endless loading screen, went back to 8.1, Tried this build on my ICON, endless reboot loop...

Phone boots, see the Windows logo for a split second, goes to gears, shuts off after 10 seconds, hit the power button and rinse and repeat....

Tried to hard reset, no matter what I tried (following above directions), I would never get a exclamation point, tried about 10 times (I have done it before, so, know how it's done)

After 2 attempts will fully NON-WORKING phones, I guess I am done for a while. I guess I need to see very little posts with install issues and hear the word "stable" before I attempt it again...

Lumia Software Recovery tool is my savior !

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
After resetting my phone I now have a full screen of tiles compared to a bit ago when they was all mashed up all over the place, but the phone app now loads up.

A few issues so far are that.

1. Apps can take a tad longer to open up.
2. Loading all my music took awhile to add within the Music app.
3. Touch is a bit speedy, but not a big issue atm.

Overall this is much better than the last preview and will most probably continue to use it on my main phone for the time being.

Weird thing I did notice is that i was looking for the Cortana app but I found it on the Search app.

Sometimes it takes a while for the phone to settle down after an upgrade or restore. Hopefully the performance will get faster.

HungryPotter21

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
The same to me. I have to use Lumia Recovery Tool. Now, I am on 8.1 :)

awww, i really like the build though, the screen and app list showed right after updating to me, however settings was nowhere to be found so I had to do hard reset which eventually gave me this resuming screen. Pfftt

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Piece of ****, no other way to put it.... I installed 10080 and had a endless loading screen, went back to 8.1, Tried this build on my ICON, endless reboot loop...

Phone boots, see the Windows logo for a split second, goes to gears, shuts off after 10 seconds, hit the power button and rinse and repeat....

Tried to hard reset, no matter what I tried (following above directions), I would never get a exclamation point, tried about 10 times (I have done it before, so, know how it's done)

After 2 attempts will fully NON-WORKING phones, I guess I am done for a while. I guess I need to see very little posts with install issues and hear the word "stable" before I attempt it again...

Lumia Software Recovery tool is my savior !

Same exact problem! WPRT solved my issue. Must have been a corrupt download

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
ok... I think I may have ruined my 1520 :(

The phone was almost towards the end of the spinning gears when my battery died and now it's stuck in a loop. Every time I plug it in the charger, it boots up then goes straight to the spinning gears. Seconds later, it reboots since the battery doesn't have a full charge. I tried getting to the exclamation screen to see if it will charge without going to the spinning gears again, but no luck...

Any ideas??
The update normally won't proceed uless you have 50% or more remaining battery. So during the update, it consumed all of that remaining power which to me is problem.

You're now in a chicken and egg situation, but I'd try the Windows Phone Recovery Tool and roll back to 8.1. It does install fast, like 15 minutes and your battery might just have a chance.

[edit]

But you said your phone dies seconds thereafter... that sucks.

prelude2

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Please help, im done updating but was only giving me resuming/loading screen. I have done hard reset multiple times but still no luck. TIA

Mine is also same. Stuck at resuming / loading screen. My tiles screen is black and always says loading. But i can slide settings pane, and can open spartan with button. But my tiles screen is black. Any fix for this?

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Mine is also same. Stuck at resuming / loading screen. My tiles screen is black and always says loading. But i can slide settings pane, and can open spartan with button. But my tiles screen is black. Any fix for this?

Did you folks heed the warning posted in the blog? I posted it above.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I just recovered to 8.1 (IT'S SO FAST!!!!) and I have a few questions regarding WP8.1 similarity:
1. Is the multitasking animation fixed to the "fast" speed on 8.1?
2. Is the animation kewler?

Helder Costa1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
oh well... instead of geting better it is not... black resuming screen on my 830. back to 8.1. how can i give feedback if i can?t see my tiles??? i was expecting much better than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett