an AMAZING concept most of you would like

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
this concept is really one of its kind , my friend did it btw , the grid icons are just to show another way to have our menu , interactive tiles and action center , and the really new thing here is the swipe to right to show most recent apps (or frequently used) people , recommended apps and more , see for youselves

FB_20150610_17_30_30_Saved_Picture.jpgFB_20150610_17_30_34_Saved_Picture.jpgFB_20150610_17_30_38_Saved_Picture.jpgFB_20150610_17_30_40_Saved_Picture.jpgFB_20150610_17_30_43_Saved_Picture.jpgFB_20150610_17_30_45_Saved_Picture.jpgFB_20150610_17_30_47_Saved_Picture.jpg

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Well this is the very first edition , it needs some refinement to look good , but the concept is quite nice I think , and yeah it would be great to have both options

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
The fourth slide showing the grid of icons (all apps installed) could have the alphabet letters appear, like they do now, when the number of apps exceed the screen size.

At first I thought, oh no, not a grid of old fashioned icons!

Why no colored tiles and no pivots /panoramas with the associated graphic fonts? Why no hints of more, showing a slice of the next screen? Thank you for no hamburgers, just ellipse.
Kinda looks like an idea for androd?

Some very nice ideas. I like the third and the last screens and they have backgrounds.

Best Wishes

Last edited:

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Not a huge fan. I like the music controls built into the Music Live Tile and I like the transparency effects, but there's not enough differentiation between Tiles on the Start Screen, the All Apps screen is more chaotic and less maneuverable. And the pop-up that's transparent? I love transparency but there's a point where it's too much. In my opinion that's where it's too much. It makes the whole OS seem less solid when everything is see-through.
A few good ideas, but it needs a lot of improvement. Thanks for sharing though! I enjoyed looking at it.

Chris Phelps

May 25, 2015
Visit site
As someone who has just come to Windows from 5 years of using Android, I think it looks way too much like Android. Not a fan.

I never understood the search bar... even on android phones. Windows phones and the older android phones had a search button at the bottom, and new android phones have Google Now, which is just a swipe up on the app drawer. Why clutter a screen with a useless search bar?

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
It feels a bit too Android-ish IMO. Windows is supposed to be more a about simplicity right? It just seems really cluttered and messy IMHO. No Offense.

I very much like what MS is doing in these Windows 10 builds. Everything is going perfectly UI wise IMO, and each build makes everything better and better...

spch

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Some issues with what you made

Tile sizes seems inconsistent, with most cheap WPs this UI will be extremely hard to operate under sunlight.
How can you have both Tiles, and icons and App list, if you are thinking like android and it's infinite home screens, then it's exactly opposite to what WP stands for.
You have music control both in Tile and notification bar, which will be even more confusing.

Some good things

MS needs to give an option to add OSwide background settings, some people like me, don't want just black and white. It gets real boring real fast.
WP needs an alternative Icons UI, it's a reason many android/ios users give for not using WP. A simple option in settings to choose Ex like Tiles UI/Icons UI will be very productive. More because Android, iOS and Microsoft's own and worlds most successful operating systems (XP and 7) use Icons and List as access to apps. Icons are what most people familiar with and comfortable with.
Icons UI might be the carrot and stick method for getting people to try Tiles UI, as they are eventually going to check it out once they own the phone.

Also those Music controls in tiles needs to be real quickly, it's a good feature folks been asking for.

NICK TOALE

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Do not like the look of that at all. It doesn't look right, it looks too much like android. The tiles are small and it just loses that windows feel. I like having the big tiles and the music controls are too small for my liking. I'm sure some people would like it but it doesn't work for me.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I wish we could get the Windows Phone team and the Xbox music team at Microsoft to study these images and READ all the comments in this string. They could really learn something by looking and reading, ... and then giving some thoughtful design consideration to their designs. (Unless they are androd fans, which would definitely explain alot.)

Last edited:

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
It feels a bit too Android-ish IMO. Windows is supposed to be more a about simplicity right? It just seems really cluttered and messy IMHO. No Offense.

I very much like what MS is doing in these Windows 10 builds. Everything is going perfectly UI wise IMO, and each build makes everything better and better...

Re: Windows 10: Well, ... Yes, except for the androd design elements and the pedestrian hamburger menu!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)