Windows 10 Build 10136 on Lumia 920

Hero Calibo

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey, have u installed the latest build of windows 10 on ur lumia 920? Any comments? Should I upgrade my 920 too or wait for a more stable build?

Zain Syed

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Well to be honest. 10080 wasn't buggy to irritate on a daily basis. It depends on the usage I would have to guess. The new store was insanely slow an a few quirks here and there.

But as recommended by everyone its better not to install on a primary device.

I'm in the process of installing 10136 on my L920. Will share my experiences.

Zain Syed

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Well . I have it installed. It seems to be working fine. The use of dual stores is creating a bit of a problem installing or updating apps.

Ruester79

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I also see this when going to phone update.

Updates Available

• Insider Fast configuration
update.;Insider Fast configuration
update is installed..

Updates are ready to install

Install Now

When I click install now it looks like it starts to update for a half second the refreshes and shows the same above.

ahmad karaki

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
I also see this when going to phone update.

Updates Available

• Insider Fast configuration
update.;Insider Fast configuration
update is installed..

Updates are ready to install

Install Now

When I click install now it looks like it starts to update for a half second the refreshes and shows the same above.
Soft reset your phone and i think this update is for the store beta so u can uninstall apps and get other like someone mentioned

ushodax

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
apps crash a lot when using the keyboard

but i have to say 2 things... the start-up time of the camera app is BLAZING fast, even for a "dated" L920, also noted that the file transfer via USB is a little bit faster too, my music collection was on my phone again pretty quickly

kareem09

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
im much more satisfied now.
has a really weird and apparently rare graphical glitch where keyboard and other UI elements disappeared. it made me ditch the insider preview for a long time.

This build has cured that. I do see the app crashing when typing that someone mentioned above but otherwise the build is cool

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So is it usable enough for a daily driver? Planning to upgrade here.

If you can't afford to nuke your device and start fresh on a moment's notice, its not for you.
Not yet.

How is the battery life? How much it's estimated to last?

Too early to tell.

---

I threw it on my 920, having relegated it to a secondary role for the time being.
The upgrade went smoothly, but the device was nigh unusable. Something was screwy with the lockscreen. I've since managed to access the settings and initiate a hard reset there. The 920 is currently setting up and this one's opinion is that it looks good. Be careful if you can't afford to hard reset. YMMV.

MDboyz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
This build is much better than previous builds; however, it's not good enough for daily driver yet. Installed and played with it for long time, then decided to go back to win 8.1. Everything is not fast enough for me. But everything is looking great so far. Can't wait for better solid build to use it as daily driver.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo