Windows 10 Build 10136 on Lumia 920

Julius Partikas

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Overall impression for me is much better than on build 10080. Now everything is much faster, but not as fast as on WP8.1. UI is very beautiful, notification sounds is just like on W10 for desktop. Some apps may crash (in example: I haven't unistalled skype before upgrading, now it doesn't work). Furthermore, some sart screen tiles are broken, but it's ok.

P.S. I use my lumia 920 as a daily driver, and I'm quite satisfied with this build. :)

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
It is not ready for a daily user. Don't do it.

Yes, it is much better than 10080 but still many issues that would prevent me using it on my daily phone. E.g. many app crashes, IE not installing/running (yes, it installs now!). Outlook mail not rendering so you can read email, etc.

The new Word, PowerPoint and Excel and really neat though and pretty solid. Not heard much said about those but WM10 will have amazing Office support.

But.... have a little more patience. At least a couple more builds until ready for daily use.

alex athanasopoulos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I have it to my Lumia 920 and its my only phone. Its pretty stable, with fewer bugs but it depends on the usage.

• I haven't had any problem making calls or answering, getting texts but there are app crashes, like messenger, viber ( i can receive notifications, but sometimes both apps crashes when i try to type a message).
  • The new store is stable enough, it is a bit slow but its better than in 10080. All new universal apps age better (To see the changes first update all the new apps from the beta store). Although i face a problem with outlook mail, the app for me can't open at all. I can open the calender but not the mail.
  • The music app and video app are awesome and feel solid. Like the map app (i don't know about car directions as i don't drive). I have no idea about games, as i don't play any.
  • The office apps are very good and useful to make changes to documents. I dont know if excel is helpful.
  • And now about cortana. She is simply awesome. She has a fresher UI much better and more mature than ever. She now takes better commands than in previous builds and she is faster. (but cortana's live tile is blank. It doesnt show anything)
  • About spartan. Hands down the best browser ever. It is fast and fluid. The reading mode is great. (We can again download photos.)
    About UI
  • The scaling bug is gone. The elements, icons, letters are big enough. (Although i loved the smaller ones).
  • The UI is more consistent, unified. It feels fresh.
  • The action center is better than before. They changes the icons and also the gave us the ability to swipe down to make the extra toggles appear and swipe up to disappear. (sometimes it doesn't work and may feel a bit sluggish)
  • The resuming isnt got entirely, but i dont see it very often. I usually see it when at the startsceen when an app is crashed or something like that.

To sum up. For me the phone works great with the 10136 buildm but it depends on the usage. The battery is not at it's best

Alfred Yeap

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
I installed 10136 on my 920, I am from Malaysia. Here are some quick sharing:

* After 10136 (it came to me as 10.0.12634.0, i think) is installed, there is another update, a shorter one, I am not too sure what it fixes
* No Data Mobile toggle in the notification center! (There have Mobile Hotspot, Connect to Wifi Device, VPN, Quiet Hours), but leaving out Data Mobile toggle?
* As a workaround, I have to pin the data mobile toggle on the home screen.
* Alarm works, but it only alerts you for 5 seconds, there is no prompt to turn it off or snooze, although after you are awake, you can see it in the notification. This will consider to be not functioning to me, it will not wake you up.
* Store Beta works fine. I managed to install Excel Preview, and it works well and looks beautiful.
* Outlook mail now hosts all your email accounts together, I am still not able to find a way to pin my particular email account to the home screen. It remembers all my email accounts after the installation, I do not need to set them up again
* Calendar looks beautiful too and I simply love it
* You will see two PHONE and two SEARCH apps in your list, only one of them is working, the other one just stays there, I do not find a way to remove it
* Camera loads really fast
* Photos app seem to be more organized, but my favorite is gone
* Have not use OneDrive yet
* and I managed to reinstall Whatsapp, There is nothing wrong with it, I was just testing to see if I can uninstall and reinstall it. It works fine without any issue
* Overall, it is a little slow when you do certain things with the phone, sometimes resuming takes longer time
* Battery Saver, the details information is gone. Battery life seems okay, it drops just a tiny bit faster... that takes us to background apps next
* Background apps - everything will be turned ON by default, you have to go and turn some of them off yourself. But I notice the list contains a lot of items without names. I guess that is why it is still a Beta

Thanks.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Sidebar: I dig Bing.
I did a search "How to do a Hard Reset Windows Phone" I got this as the top response from Bing.

"To reset your phone

• In the App list, tap Settings.
  • Tap About, and then tap Reset your phone.
  • You'll receive two warnings. If you're absolutely sure you want to restore your phone to its factory settings, tap Yes, and then tap Yes again. It might take a little while for the process to complete.

Awesome! I didn't know they were dropping replies like that from a search. Usually you get a list of articles. Two thumbs up.

xsodaxmachinex

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
How did you get it to install (the new preview update)? I can't seem to get my 920 find the update. I am under the fast option and I have been hitting find update under settings and still nothing. Any ideas?

Alfred Yeap

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
How did you get it to install (the new preview update)? I can't seem to get my 920 find the update. I am under the fast option and I have been hitting find update under settings and still nothing. Any ideas?

I am from Malaysia, when I checked, the preview build was there to install. A few things that I read:

1. We need to be on Win 8.1 to install, you cannot be on previous preview.
2. Try to reinstall Windows Insider app

I don't know what else to advise apart from these two items.
Good luck!

prabu d

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to install this build. And the spinning gears are running for some time , then a sad smiley appears :-( like this. Then again the process starts from the beginning. Do anyone know the reason and fix for this? Please help.....

Bajirav

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I installed this build and had a problem of always getting "Resuming" whenever I returned to the new start screen. I decided to factory reset to see if it helps (Settings >> About >> Reset) and things have gotten worse. I now don't have Phone and Settings app. Tried hard reset with vol up + vol dn + power + camera, didn't make any difference.

TycStyle

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone been able to add a Office365 account? Error returned when looking for account settings: 0x81030116.
No real issue to add it manually (which just works fine).

Abhilash Nair3

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
not even lasting half a day,..even with wifi n data off...just getting heated up lik hell! rolling back..plus music n store beta app crashing ...sme apps cant b installd..rest s fast n fluid ..

Abhilash Nair3

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I am trying to install this build. And the spinning gears are running for some time , then a sad smiley appears :-( like this. Then again the process starts from the beginning. Do anyone know the reason and fix for this? Please help.....

its bricked I guess..similar to the "blue screen of death" in windows OS..issue wd the file u downloaded ..roll back to 8.1 n install a fresh new preview build..also dnt frget to reset aftr installing..

npoe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I having a lot of problems with Skype crashing and some other apps that I use often (including system apps). Also, there are some applications that just seem to not want to be installed (i.e. maps).

Other than that I like this build but at it is too unstable for me to make it useful. I'm rolling back to WP8.1 tomorrow and wait once more for the next build. I'm going to hard reset the phone once more and try my luck.

*Battery is a lot better than previous builds.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I am from Malaysia, when I checked, the preview build was there to install. A few things that I read:

1. We need to be on Win 8.1 to install, you cannot be on previous preview.
2. Try to reinstall Windows Insider app

I don't know what else to advise apart from these two items.
Good luck!

Sidebar, is that your pooch?

Deadwinter

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
It seems a lot better than 10080. Still buggy and slow, but not enough to force me to roll back like on 10080. The biggest issue I've had is Outlook Mail disappearing and having to reinstall it. I did have an issue with battery getting super hot on first day of install, but haven't had a repeat in a couple of days.

Also, if you use Audible it keeps closing when trying to select a title you own in order to download it. You can work around this by long pressing the title and selecting download from the menu. Once downloaded you can get into the title to play it.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Well to be honest. 10080 wasn't buggy to irritate on a daily basis. It depends on the usage I would have to guess. The new store was insanely slow an a few quirks here and there.

But as recommended by everyone its better not to install on a primary device.

I'm in the process of installing 10136 on my L920. Will share my experiences.

Speak for yourself..:) 10080 on my 920 is terrible. Unusable.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo