Windows 10 Build 10136 on Lumia 920

locolyric

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
using it for two days.

unknown bugs cause the phone heating while standby.
despite this bugs, it is much more better than previous 10080 version. almost can be use on daily basis.
Just the battery bugs consume all the juice and I don't know how to solve it.

============
Before lunch time , it's 100% battery and after one hour standby , the phone keep running unknown program at background make the battery left only 83%.
Now the phone is cold , and the battery won't drain anymore, for this moment.

is a cons compare to android as we don't know what apps/process is killing the battery.

Last edited:

Nightwolf88

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to install this build. And the spinning gears are running for some time , then a sad smiley appears :-( like this. Then again the process starts from the beginning. Do anyone know the reason and fix for this? Please help.....

Still need help?
If it really isn't working try reverting back your phone with lumia recovery tool of microsoft recovery tool. They do basicly the same thing.
After reverting back you could retry, or wait for a new build and try again then. Which phone do you have? Enough batterylife when installing builds?

Nightwolf88

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
using it for two days.

unknown bugs cause the phone heating while standby.
despite this bugs, it is much more better than previous 10080 version. almost can be use on daily basis.
Just the battery bugs consume all the juice and I don't know how to solve it.

============
Before lunch time , it's 100% battery and after one hour standby , the phone keep running unknown program at background make the battery left only 83%.
Now the phone is cold , and the battery won't drain anymore, for this moment.

is a cons compare to android as we don't know what apps/process is killing the battery.

Can you post a update of your experience in a few days or so?
I'm especially interested in batterylife since that's the primary reason that made me roll back. (From previous build 10080 and other)

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Well . I have it installed. It seems to be working fine. The use of dual stores is creating a bit of a problem installing or updating apps.

Since my 920 was basically sitting there in an altered state, I decided to roll back to 8.1 and install 10136. After installing it, and you get to tiles again, initially, the phone isn't really yours to use yet. Not really. I mean it'll work and all the menus are there but something continues to go on in the background, of what I don't know. I noticed the battery indicator is unreliable in that it would seem to drop to almost 14 percent in a few hours but if you reboot, its back to full. So I figured something must be going on yet.

By then end of the night, that behind the scenes activity seemed to have settled down and BOOM, its a brand new phone. It takes a few minutes to get used to the new look and feel but it becomes natural feeling in no time. I would NOT recommend any prior TP build for any device. I could recommend this build. Not perfect though, I found the people app dodgy at times. Touch could be snappier but usability was there and battery went all day. I can't speak to the camera just yet because I haven't examined the photos but the camera does take pics. Wireless charging worked normally and the tiles seem to continue to get better. The music app and MS weather app is stunningly beautiful. Love the calendar too.
If it looks this good on my aging 920, how well would it perform on NEW hardware and chipsets? We shall see.

Screen caps of the MS Weather app:
wp_ss_20150622_0001(1).jpgwp_ss_20150622_0002(1).jpgwp_ss_20150622_0003(1).jpg

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Screen caps of the MS Weather app:

Where'd you get this? I still have the old weather app on my 920 build 10136

Nvm.... Needed a reset... Still screwed something up though cause when I click weather tile, somehow I'm routed to hungry shark evolution in the store! Lol

Last edited:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Where'd you get this? I still have the old weather app on my 920 build 10136

Nvm.... Needed a reset... Still screwed something up though cause when I click weather tile, somehow I'm routed to hungry shark evolution in the store! Lol
It was in the app list. Tap W and then Weather.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It was in the app list. Tap W and then Weather.

Yea, but was yours ready to go? I keep getting taken to the store to install it and when I try to install it, it just stays in pending seemingly forever.

Also left the phone over night but still overall quite laggy and constantly warm... wonder why your 920 is different from my 920.

azlkk

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
It may be a coincidence, but my cellular reception took a dump with the update on my Lumina 920. Otherwise it is largely bug-free.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Yea, but was yours ready to go? I keep getting taken to the store to install it and when I try to install it, it just stays in pending seemingly forever.

Also left the phone over night but still overall quite laggy and constantly warm... wonder why your 920 is different from my 920.

Yeah, mine was right there. Mine is neither laggy or constantly warm. Its being the consummate flagship that it was a few years back. Smooth and almost very responsive. One thing I found out is the flash doesn't work.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Its being the consummate flagship that it was a few years back. Smooth and almost very responsive..

So weird, maybe I need to reset it again.... but it's been lying around, seems to have settled down in the heat department but open skype? Takes me to store. Open Onedrive? Takes me to store. Open Music? takes me to store.

Put it down, pick it back up, noticed stuff changed like music app icon changed from headphones to this circular thing and video app is not movies and tv or something.

Kinda hard to know what to expect.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
So weird, maybe I need to reset it again.... but it's been lying around, seems to have settled down in the heat department but open skype? Takes me to store. Open Onedrive? Takes me to store. Open Music? takes me to store.

Put it down, pick it back up, noticed stuff changed like music app icon changed from headphones to this circular thing and video app is not movies and tv or something.

Kinda hard to know what to expect.

I think a system reset is in order. We are talking about build 10136 correct?

Now, I should point out that I did not allow all my apps to repopulate my phone. There are too many and if the experience was going to be jacked up, I wanted to find that out sooner rather than after a long reinstall of all the apps I have. I've since installed what i wanted and left the rest on my 1520. I'm thinking doing it this way gives the OS a better shot at setting up properly rather than it trying to re-establish individual settings for all my apps. I don't think WinXM is ready enough for that. It seems to be working out.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yea I didn't restore from back up, started fresh. Ah we'll see... probably just put it down until next release. I put in a bunch of feedback already.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss