Music on Windows 10 Mobile 10136

Zain Syed

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone having a problem installing Music app on win 10. I got all apps working except this. It says it is installed and when I try opening the app it goes to the store(beta) and there it asks me to install again. While installing it jumps from pending to starting download to this app is already installed. Its a weird bug and I hope I'm not the only one who this is a problem for.

Lumia 920

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Downgraded Lumia 635 from 10 Preview 10080 to 8.1 via Windows recovery tool. Installed Windows Insider and ran update on phone, phone upgraded to Denim. Ran update again, phone upgraded to 10 preview 10136. Settings will not open, therefore no way to get to wifi settings. Pushing wifi icon just turns wifi on or off. Process took over 2 hours, not too happy right now. Performing hard reset to see where it goes from here, looking forward to another 40 minutes of gears turning I am sure.... not a promising start.

...and here we are, over an hour later. Phone boots into new OS and and settings, etc works, after a hard reset. Problem? Store absolutely sucks at downloading stuff. Apperently you need to download the music app now. OK. Click install. Go to music icon. Back to store. Product is installed. Back to start. Click music. Quick blank screen, goes back to start. Click music icon. Back to store. Install button. Click install. Product is installed. Back to Start. click music icon. Quick blank screen, goes back to start. Swipe right. Uninstall Music. Music will not uninstall. Back to start. Click music Icon. Back to store. Product is installed ... repeat over and over and over and over.

I use this phone to play MP3's with. This update is another mess for that. Done with Win 10 Preview on phones until release most likely, its not worth the time and aggrevation of testing something that should be so simple.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I had a lot of trouble with it; same issue as you described. The only way I found to fix it is to do a hard reset, don't restore from backup, and don't try to install or update the Music app from the old store. Instead, just let it install the app automatically and use the new Store beta to install any updates. I actually had to hard reset 3 times to fix the issue. Also the OneDrive music won't show up right away but it will eventually.

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if they released a server side update through the Store, but I also had this issue. I installed Music Preview for the time being, but the actual Music app was finally able to be updated by the new Store and it started working after that. I just uninstalled the Music Preview and all is well now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos