Win 10 Preview 10136 on Lumia 635 - don't bother

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Downgraded Lumia 635 from 10 Preview 10080 to 8.1 via Windows recovery tool. Installed Windows Insider and ran update on phone, phone upgraded to Denim. Ran update again, phone upgraded to 10 preview 10136. Settings will not open, therefore no way to get to wifi settings. Pushing wifi icon just turns wifi on or off. Process took over 2 hours, not too happy right now. Performing hard reset to see where it goes from here, looking forward to another 40 minutes of gears turning I am sure.... not a promising start.

...and here we are, over an hour later. Phone boots into new OS and and settings, etc works, after a hard reset. Problem? Store absolutely sucks at downloading stuff. Apperently you need to download the music app now. OK. Click install. Go to music icon. Back to store. Product is installed. Back to start. Click music. Quick blank screen, goes back to start. Click music icon. Back to store. Install button. Click install. Product is installed. Back to Start. click music icon. Quick blank screen, goes back to start. Swipe right. Uninstall Music. Music will not uninstall. Back to start. Click music Icon. Back to store. Product is installed ... repeat over and over and over and over.

I use this phone to play MP3's with. This update is another mess for that. Done with Win 10 Preview on phones until release most likely, its not worth the time and aggrevation of testing something that should be so simple.

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
The Store Beta itself gets an update. Get that update first--Menu>Settings>Check for Updates. That allows for the store to update. It has speed improvements as well as a theme-based color (black or white) and a tile fix that scales the image down to where it needs to be. I had to hard reset my L635 due to a crash in Cortana, but that update is a needed improvement to the store.

scumdogmillionaire

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Your experience was pretty much how mine was on the 830. Settings app was missing so had to hard reset. Then store apps just wouldn't install. Rolled back to 8.1.

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
My 635 is doing great after hard reset, make sure not to use any back ups,just a fresh slate then after you pick all the apps in the store to install wait for all of them to install so you don't run into any bugs,afterwards feel free to do what eve you want to do.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
My 635 is doing great after hard reset, make sure not to use any back ups,just a fresh slate then after you pick all the apps in the store to install wait for all of them to install so you don't run into any bugs,afterwards feel free to do what eve you want to do.

Same here. Did hard reset after updating, didn't restore settings, and it's working well so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12