Error downloading speech languages

fabioneto93

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey!!

How are you?
It's only me who's having trouble downloading speech languages on build 10136?
Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

wp_ss_20150616_0001.png

Thank you :winktongue:

wbeckle

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
No its not only you, but I haven't figured it out yet. I see you have UK installed, did you reset after upgrading to 10136 or is UK migrated from your 8.1?

fabioneto93

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey!
I hard reseted the phone twice.
Don't know why but english(uk) was already pre-installed.

I saw a post on windows blog and followed the steps mentioned there and couldn't install it :eck:

wbeckle

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
That post seems to for the full language pack, it's not specific to the speech issue. If I find anything I will post back here.

fabioneto93

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I already tried to change the language, delete the US language and then tried to install it as a bundle. Didn't work either.
Thank you for your help!!

Vertego

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Phone set to location UK, Language UK English, but speech language set to US English. Fails with 'Error downloading' message.

Read somewhere that you have to install the language pack before running Search/Cortana (which fails with a 'Not available in your region' error, presumably because the wrong speech pack is installed.

Going to try a reset to 8.1, remove US English and then reinstall 10136 and then the language pack (before running search/Cortana) to see whether that fixes it.

After all, it only takes a few hours!!!

Vertego

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Done that. No change. Still 'Error downloading'

Is there a solution to this, or do I just get on without? Various functions are dependant on speech working.

fabioneto93

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Already tried a lot of dfferent ways of hard/soft resetting the phone trying to download speech languages. I guess that there's no solution for this at this time. Anyway, already submited feedback about this issue. Hope that this is solved on the next build.

wbeckle

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
The only thing that has worked for me is to go back to 8.1, make sure languages are installed and Cortana is working there and then upgrade to 10. Feeling silly because that's what the blog suggested. I just didn't want to have to go back to 8.1 I guess.

Abhijith M Karkal

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
This is for people who are facing issues when downloading additional language pack for Speech
Go to Windows Insider app and select Get Preview Builds. Select the type based on what you have currently (I chose slow ring since I that was my initial option) and let it configure. Then, go to the Speech settings and select the language to download. Immediately after this, check for phone update. The language pack will be downloaded here instead of the Speech settings dialog.
Solution worked for me on Lumia 930 with Windows 10 build 10166

yosoyyoberdi

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This is for people who are facing issues when downloading additional language pack for Speech
Go to Windows Insider app and select Get Preview Builds. Select the type based on what you have currently (I chose slow ring since I that was my initial option) and let it configure. Then, go to the Speech settings and select the language to download. Immediately after this, check for phone update. The language pack will be downloaded here instead of the Speech settings dialog.
Solution worked for me on Lumia 930 with Windows 10 build 10166

Not working for me

Richard Black

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Woohoo! Thank-you, after months of being stuck with this, your method worked just fine for me. After the last step (Update Check), the Additional Language Support downloaded, phone asked to be restarted (gears screen etc), and now everything (& Cortana) is working with UK language.

Lumia 925, WM10 Build 10512

shizoframia

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Re-installing the windows insider app no longer is successful on build 10536. It is like the windows insider app no longer works. The english speech fails to download.

Btw, I resetting my lumia 930 3 times last night and tried uninstalling/re-installing (with restarts) the windows insider app multiple time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99