Error downloading speech languages

Hari1953

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I just got the 950 and trying to install the English (US) and getting the same error. Any work around to the problem? Can't use Cortana. I prefer the US Cortana hence I changed my region to US instead of India and need the English (US) speech to get it working.

Dennis Bakker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Dual sim 950XL from France. (I'm Dutch).
Build 14356
Speech language French installed, English (UK) error downloading, English(US) error downloading.

Anyone a fix on this new build?

Edit:

Removed both simcards, switched the phone on and the downloads started. Placed back the simcards and everything is working fine now...

Last edited:

makcys

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
Go to settings>
storage>
New apps will save to >cahnge to This Device,
New downloads will be saved to > change to This Device.
And restart and retry...

Anil

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 640 user - I'm on the latest "preview release ring" 10.0.14393.67.. I reset the phone after the update and didn't setup insider program. there were errors downloading the speech packs and keyboards. After reading this thread I enrolled in the preview release ring and the packages downloaded without hassle.

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Absolutely NOT, only after 8.1 upgrade or in case of major iussue, like some core apps not working.
A phone needs time to resync and recaching itself, draining battery and data, especially an older one

I have always practiced this method & it has proved to be effective as the new builds tend to set them selves in without left overs & scratches from the previous version. I always leave the phone on wifi while on charge after a major upgrade.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss