W10 BUILD 10136: Bugs and Defects List

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
No ring on incoming phone calls, no speakerphone, but I sometimes hear sounds like from the keyboard so the speaker isn't broken. On a 1020.

Bajirav

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
920 here. Start, store, lock were laggy after upgrade. I tried hard reset from about > reset and now I don't have the phone and settings apps. The phone keeps unlocking itself every few minutes.

MrPovilas

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Guys what to do? Viber app and adobe reader are freeze, from viber i get notifications but i can open, in store (beta) its trying to install but says this error: 0x80070003

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Stable enough so far for daily use (Lumia 925). A few crashes out of apps (twitter, Win Central) so far. Slightly slow in response to key presses and moving around, but all transitions and animations are smooth.

Can'ts...
Set custom notification sounds anymore, unless it's somewhere else in the menu.
Show date on Glance screen. It just shows the day.
Add Outlook Mail as a notification to lock screen.

Ugly:
Thick boxes round check boxes, jumplist letters and dialogs.
Too big icons for unpinning and resizing on live tiles.
Too big All apps arrow on start screen.

Last edited:

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
WhatsApp and Tapatalk always crash.

I can't choose what apps can't access my location. I can't see the list of apps.

I using the old Tapatalk, the non universal app version and works. Give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZvjerOPC

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello all. This is the First time I have tried W10M build on my phone. I have a Lumia 930. Gabe said that after upgrade we need to wait patiently for up to 10 minutes on the lock screen and not touch the phone and let it do it's thing. I have waited about 45 minutes and nothing happened. When I tried to unlock the phone after 45 minutes that migration progress bar appeared for a split second and it was at about 75% and then it dissapeared and let me use the phone. The phone was a big mess. I cannot go into details because nothing was really working. at all, so I quickly decided to do a hard reset and start clean.

After hard reset there were some apps that never installed aven after 10 reboots. Extras+info is one of them. To install Skype you First must uninstall that Skype app placholder which leads you to the store. After that it will install. There are some other apps I have tried installing like Telegram - cannot be installed. Whatsapp installed fine. My own app "Enter Zagreb" cannot be installed, I tried several times.

Next: aditional keyboard cannot be added fully. You can add it but language pack cannot be installed so it's a little use in this half working way.

Swipe keyboard (USA keyboard) does not work in all places. For example spartan URL bar. Maybe that's intentional, but there were places I axpected it to work but it didn't.

Holding start button long to get one handed use does not work on Lumia 930. I thought that it would work on 5" screen.

You cannot add Microsoft accounts, but you don't really have to if you logged in to MS account on clean install. Just go to your phonesbook settings and go to your MS account and enable email there. After that you can use the email app and calendar app and they work fine.

On the lock screen there is a chess horse icon: I don't understand what that means.

After a day of use the battery feels no worse then it was on 8.1 Update.

So my biggest problem is the Store (Beta) which behaves really bad, and I need my keyboard predictions too. The rest of it is usable.
Also I don't like that 3D shadow thing in the apps menu when you jump between letters. It's horrible!

courtneyg2013

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I know I shouldn't complain, but I think it laughable that Microsoft put out such bad versions of WM10 that we get so frustrated and revert back to WP 8.1 without providing them feedback. Surely they have enough employees internally to test the firmware out on. It's actually becoming a bit of a joke.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Hello all. This is the First time I have tried W10M build on my phone. I have a Lumia 930. Gabe said that after upgrade we need to wait patiently for up to 10 minutes on the lock screen and not touch the phone and let it do it's thing. I have waited about 45 minutes and nothing happened. When I tried to unlock the phone after 45 minutes that migration progress bar appeared for a split second and it was at about 75% and then it dissapeared and let me use the phone. The phone was a big mess. I cannot go into details because nothing was really working. at all, so I quickly decided to do a hard reset and start clean.

After hard reset there were some apps that never installed aven after 10 reboots. Extras+info is one of them. To install Skype you First must uninstall that Skype app placholder which leads you to the store. After that it will install. There are some other apps I have tried installing like Telegram - cannot be installed. Whatsapp installed fine. My own app "Enter Zagreb" cannot be installed, I tried several times.

Next: aditional keyboard cannot be added fully. You can add it but language pack cannot be installed so it's a little use in this half working way.

Swipe keyboard (USA keyboard) does not work in all places. For example spartan URL bar. Maybe that's intentional, but there were places I axpected it to work but it didn't.

Holding start button long to get one handed use does not work on Lumia 930. I thought that it would work on 5" screen.

You cannot add Microsoft accounts, but you don't really have to if you logged in to MS account on clean install. Just go to your phonesbook settings and go to your MS account and enable email there. After that you can use the email app and calendar app and they work fine.

On the lock screen there is a chess horse icon: I don't understand what that means.

After a day of use the battery feels no worse then it was on 8.1 Update.

So my biggest problem is the Store (Beta) which behaves really bad, and I need my keyboard predictions too. The rest of it is usable.
Also I don't like that 3D shadow thing in the apps menu when you jump between letters. It's horrible!

Yeah its a huge disappointment. Can't believe MS would release such a friggin mess

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
For anyone that wants to set custom sounds, just install the app, start perfect and then pin notifications and actions to the start screen, then you can change all your tones!!

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I know I shouldn't complain, but I think it laughable that Microsoft put out such bad versions of WM10 that we get so frustrated and revert back to WP 8.1 without providing them feedback. Surely they have enough employees internally to test the firmware out on. It's actually becoming a bit of a joke.

No, you shouldn't complain. We ARE the testers as this isn't even a beta program. If you went to Redmond now and viewed what you're seeing you wouldn't walk out and say "well this is a joke, it doesn't work properly" you'd make comments appropriate to the test environment in which you'd viewed the test software. Well that's us now. MS has given us a virtual invite to sit on the development team's shoulders and comment. It's a unique opportunity to shape the O/S. People don't seem to get this.

MohamedWaheed

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
I have Lumia 640XL. Clean install. Hard reset after installing the new build.
After very long hours I installed my apps from the beta store as it is not working in background very well also it always stops and have a lot of errors. Any way I dealt with that and finished the apps installation and upgrades.

This is my list of bugs I have reported via feedback app:
1.Cortana always displays "Speech Failed to start".
2. Navigation bar doesn't hide at all.
3. Can't link contacts in the people app, it always crash.
4. One drive is not opening.
5. The scale in this build is too big, I liked the one on build 10080. Now everything look very very big.
6. The fourth tile column option is not working.
7. Sensor core is not working.
8. Can't find Motion data and glance screen apps neither on settings nor all apps list.
9. In this build you can't assign a notification tone for every app.
10. Almost every time I try to correct a word in any messaging app it will crash.
11. Performance of opening the apps are really bad.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

Ditto experience. But issues with languages. Swipe doesn't work in Cortana.

That horse icon is for lockscreen team to identify what lockscreen your build has. Some won't have this icon. Because they have older lockscreen build. This is new lockscreen. The same icon appeared in desktop builds back in March-April. It will gradually let us have Windows Spotlight feature once they collect enough feedback on lockscreen stability. When you send feedback on lockscreen, you may be asked for screenshot or to reproduce the error - that's when they use the horse to identify what you are on about and where you see it.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

Excellent point. MS is shooting itself in the foot...laughable as u point out, but sad because the I really like WP and hate to see it die. Not too far to go from 2.7 to zero.

courtneyg2013

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Cool, I hope it works. I'm a willing tester and give my feedback, especially for my Surface Pro 3. I find it hard to provide feedback on my Lumia as many of the updates have been unusable.

courtneyg2013

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Firmware revision on my 1520 is now 02540.00019.14522.26004 after a I just received an additional update and now Skype actually downloads which it previously didn't. I may hard reset to see if this solves any other issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte