W10 BUILD 10136: Bugs and Defects List

ShannyMan

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
This is the second build on my HTC One M8, and I wish I could go back to 10080...

Both times, I have upgraded from 8.1, then done a hard reset for a clean install. This has worked very well, but this build has some major issues that I may roll back for. And keep in mind, I stuck with 10080 until yesterday.

1) Live tiles and lock screen app not updating (Tiles were an issue in 10080, but Lock Screen worked)
2) Notifications sometimes stop working. Texts, emails, etc. I stop getting toasts and action center alerts. The only way to see if I received a text message is to look in my Messaging app, or on the tile or lock screen where it will still show the number.

I wish I could go back to 10080. I could deal with the start screen slowness. So now I'm left with the decision to either deal with this until the next build, or revert back to 8.1 where my phone lives in airplane mode most of the time due to it overheating and killing the battery.

MGL74

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi!

Have you tried hard reset, via Settings=>System=>Info=>Reset ?!
I did actually. Then reapplied all my LIVE stuff and 3G/4G connection was still not working.
Then, I have added manual Internet APN Settings for my provider and set them as default.
Dada...it works now!:cool::cool::cool:

rubicj

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: New build 10136 and no internet connection ...

Hey, it seems sensore core is not workig, anyone having the problem? E.g. MSN health app won't register any steps.

JoaoCSM

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I am unable to Share Internet connection.

It always says it is not available. This issue happened before the Hard Reset. And it is still happening after it.

@Lumia 532 DS

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Windows 10 build 10136 for phones is usable as a daily driver for me until I hit a show stopper - Wi-Fi hotspot is broken. It's frustrating how a used to be working feature gets broken in every build.

JoaoCSM

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 build 10136 for phones is usable as a daily driver for me until I hit a show stopper - Wi-Fi hotspot is broken. It's frustrating how a used to be working feature gets broken in every build.

Which phone? It is also happening with my Lumia 532 DS. I bought the 532 to test W10 and to be a mobile hotspot with my Data Mobile Card to feed my Surface Pro 2 plus Lumia 930... :S

I am unable to Share Internet connection.

It always says it is not available. This issue happened before the Hard Reset. And it is still happening after it.

@Lumia 532 DS

edit: added the issue to Insider Feedback.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 635... 10136

Pros:
Seems stable but almost gave up , glad I stuck through to end and 3 installs yesterday
Generally a good build like new log in transparency for pin

Cons:
Some of my favorite apps simply don't work

Chonos Calendar +
Lumia Mix Radio

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Which phone? It is also happening with my Lumia 532 DS. I bought the 532 to test W10 and to be a mobile hotspot with my Data Mobile Card to feed my Surface Pro 2 plus Lumia 930... :S
It's a Lumia 636 LTE. It's my second best LTE phone (in 8.1) and this bug is a big blow.

The new Cellular & SIM app also don't work when changing bands, i.e., 2G, 3G, 4G. Nothing happens, it simply closes itself.

wolfpak54

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Nokia 1520 here, Upgraded to 10136 yesterday, here is what I did,

Hard Reset Phone, added only Microsoft Account and Windows Preview back on downloaded the update, let it run, didn't touch the phone. Hard reset after it was done.

Here are the issues I have.

1st cannot find the Settings\extras page, it just isn't there.
2nd cannot assign notifications to different mail accounts (Hotmail/exchange) Nor can you pin the different email accounts to the start screen, only Outlook.
3rd not sure if it was because I was downloading apps, but battery life seems really bad, and the phone got really warm by the camera.

I have reverted back to 8.1 and am going to try again this morning.

I did not restore from an 8.1 build after I upgraded, so its a clean install.

systematicchaos

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Just updated to 10136, one old bug is still there, deletion confirmation screen (the one with OK and Cancel button) doesn't show up unless I rotate phone to landscape, it's same for Messages or Photos. Anyone else experiencing same issue on Lumia 535 or any other Lumia phone?
I have the same issue. I think its just with the 535s. Have to unlock the rotation for deleting a picture or a conversation. It does not even show the 'battery critical' dialogue box.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Nokia 1520 here, Upgraded to 10136 yesterday, here is what I did,

Hard Reset Phone, added only Microsoft Account and Windows Preview back on downloaded the update, let it run, didn't touch the phone. Hard reset after it was done.

Here are the issues I have.

1st cannot find the Settings\extras page, it just isn't there.
2nd cannot assign notifications to different mail accounts (Hotmail/exchange) Nor can you pin the different email accounts to the start screen, only Outlook.
3rd not sure if it was because I was downloading apps, but battery life seems really bad, and the phone got really warm by the camera.

I have reverted back to 8.1 and am going to try again this morning.

I did not restore from an 8.1 build after I upgraded, so its a clean install.

Let me know how that goes. I had 10080 on my 1520 and reverted back to 8.1. I REALLY want a decent build, Windows 10 Mobile is soooooo much nicer than 8.1... at least, to me. :)

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I've installed it on my Ativ S, and here are experience I did write on our pdf.

I've installed successfully on my phone (latest FW v15), only had trouble with masking my phone, somehow it didn't change the parameters in "about phone" and and only after few tries managed to start. But, anyway, isntalation went smooth. I've previously hard reseted my phone, and did hard reset after upgrade. It's necessary after, few apps didn't wanted to start.
But after that, it works smooth. Pain is with Store beta app, it updates app veeery slowly, but it's better after it updates itself.
Overall, this build is much better than previous. It's pretty smooth, and didn't had any reboots or major lags. Switching from app to app is much, much, much better then in 8.1, so much faster. I've had a lot of resuming screens with Messenger and it was frustrating, often waiting up to 10 sec and often crashing the app. Now, switching back to app takes only 2 second max, no resuming at all. Maybe even faster. And it stays in memory whole morning.
There is sometimes lag after unlocking and when coming back to start screen. I've had to manually set the apn. Overall it's pretty good. If it doesn't suck up the batter (which I think it will) I won't be coming back to 8.1. Looks stable enough. Almost like Android :D

Overall, should you try it? I advised on previous build to not install, and won't advise now because of the all the risk which are increased with our phone , but if you wan't to try, can give it a try, it's not unusable as it was the case in past, it's actually good for alpha software.

Mladen Mikovic

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I use my lumia 920 as a daily driver, and this build is much better than the previous one. Few things are not working:
-live tile for the battery pro+ not working (or battery saver)
-picture tile has all low resolution photos showing
-some tiles are blury
-can't download apps on store beta and sometimes crashes
-calculator app not working
-I can't find a way to change notification sound for messaging app or any other app
-search (cortana) tile is blank
-I had a notification that new update is available, but keep getting 0x800080005 error

EL620

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Connecting to any VPN accounts will break all action center toggles except settings and Connect ( All icons continuously blinking )
Reboot to fix.

Jealy666

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I feel like I'm being a moron, but I'm unable to change notification sounds for apps/sms. Anyone know if this is possible or not?

Gabriel Manolache

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I have too an 535...and I saw those issues too on 10136 ..that annoying not pull down the virtual buttons ...One tip: don;t try to do a reset after installing 10136 because you will not manage to advance in phone settings... no way to pass language settings...because of that issue with screen size/ menu button.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was crap. Just a endless reboot loop, It would show the Nokia logo, show the windows logo for a split second, then show the gears, for about 10 seconds, then the phone would power off. If I hit the power button, it would do the same exact thing.

I waited over an hour to see if it was doing anything in the background, no change, I could not hard reset, the phone was no accepting it. My only thing I could do was Nokia Recovery tool to get my phone working again.

I rebuilt my phone about 3 weeks ago, so it was pretty fresh, no standing issues with my phone and it still did this.

Oh, well, wanted to see where they are with it but, not ready for prime time yet, at least on MY ICON..

Zeljko Colovic

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I used wp 8.1 on my NL720 and decided to give w10 a try but i didn't do clean update. Now i can't access settings (when I tap it, nothing happens). also i can't log in in store (beta)

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I used wp 8.1 on my NL720 and decided to give w10 a try but i didn't do clean update. Now i can't access settings (when I tap it, nothing happens). also i can't log in in store (beta)

Past posts indicate that if you do a hard reset (wipe everything) that things should work.

win_splash

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I installed on my Lumia 1520 (latin america variant). Build 10136 is much better than the previous, but its still pretty rough around the edges.

Bugs & Gripes:
-I've noticed there is some delays when tapping on apps, or settings from notification center
-Searching for an installed app doesn't always provide the results. I was searching for Word Preview and ended up having scroll and find the app because search didn't give any results
-Fly out animation when clicking an app is kind of annoying. There is a slight delay from the time you tap to when the fly out animation occurs. Hopefully they add the option to disable, or add a different animation when an app is clicked.

*Yes, I factory reset the phone once I installed build 10136*

My recommendation for anyone contemplating trying out this build: No rush, there isn't anything really special in this build. Sure, the Office apps are pretty awesome, but they are not as polished as on iOS. Outlook mail and calendar, much improved, but still a long way to go compared to iOS version. In my opinion, even with the improvements, this build is not for daily use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb