W10 BUILD 10136: Bugs and Defects List

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Here are a few tips for this build: 1) If it's too laggy or there is any missing apps, do a hard reset
2) Please check for updates in the store beta app, it will allow the store to update itself making it wayyy faster and stable. This will allow you to update the music app, enabling the music section of the store.
3) For opening PDF files, use xodo docs, it uses the file picker to select the PDF to view.

Disregard. I let it sit on that screen for a bit and it eventually did update. Store now is the Dark version, version 2015.5.29.1 and runs much better. Thanks again

Serpent1189

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I am on 1520 and I am running into a bug(?) where some things have been removed from my home screen, and I don't have the option to re-pin them. It seems kind of at random. Amazon, Baconit and Microsoft Health stayed pinned, but the others are only accessible from the full list. Anyone know of a way to reset the start screen?

I'm also not getting vibration alerts from texts, although my phone still vibrates when I get a phone call, so I think I will be able to live, given that phone calls I get are a lot more urgent than texts.

Ahmar16

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I have tried the vpn today in the morning and it didn't connect properly and when I disconnected it, phone went weird and the quick actions buttons were blinking lol :D.i also did capture some screenshots. here...
wp_ss_20150618_0002.pngwp_ss_20150618_0003.png

Btw I have Lumia 520 :)

Update: I had to restart the phone to get it back normal.

Ahmar16

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Project Spartan really have got some issues for me, it doesn't even start sometimes and if it starts it wont open a thing and will crash to start screen in the end. It's making it really hard to browse internet for me. :(

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I thought that Gabe said it was a more stable build then the previous ones and he was using it as a daily driver...

Known issues with my Lumia 830 (hard reset - clean install...twice)

- Cortana cannot listen to my request.
- I can't set a reminder manually.
- Some apps are crashing
- Photo app is buddy when zooming in.
- the Camera app even if you choose to use Rich Capture, it doesn't work. (can't change the photo after)
- I don't get all SMS notification.
- So far the only notification I got is from Emails, sometimes SMS, Facebook.
- The phone freezes.
- I can start typing in a message and then the phone freeze, lock/unlock resolves it.
- in SMS, if I send two messages, the second one doesn't appear in the conversation. I close the app re-open and then I see my message.

Mladen Mikovic

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Disregard. I let it sit on that screen for a bit and it eventually did update. Store now is the Dark version, version 2015.5.29.1 and runs much better. Thanks again

How can I check for updates in store beta? When I click on settings or downloads nothing happens.

Update: when I clicked on setting letter it opened

netmann

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
No, you shouldn't complain. We ARE the testers as this isn't even a beta program. If you went to Redmond now and viewed what you're seeing you wouldn't walk out and say "well this is a joke, it doesn't work properly" you'd make comments appropriate to the test environment in which you'd viewed the test software. Well that's us now. MS has given us a virtual invite to sit on the development team's shoulders and comment. It's a unique opportunity to shape the O/S. People don't seem to get this.

Well said....And I would add when was the last time Apple or Google gave that opportunity to their users!

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Rolled back. The lack of text notifications and inability to sign into some apps were the only things that made me roll back. It was so close to me using it as a daily device.

I do hope the update releases start coming out a bit faster but I wont hold my breathe.

thymournia

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: New build 10136 and no internet connection ...

no data connection over 3G/4G. connects but nothing comes in at all.
In My Lumia 640XL won't let me change the start screen Photo and also Show more tiles is the same like 8.1 which on the precious build Was doing fine. way faster than the other build but in mine just doesnt work so if any have the same problem or any solved(whcih I dont think so) comment people... cheers to you all.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Here's a nasty one - some of my apps are not working. So try to uninstall and get a grayed out indicator - in this case I am trying to uninstall MP3 Music & Video.. but it also happens on Weather Spark:

View attachment 106616

Tried also to uninstall through the Storage Application - no joy.
And yeah - tried with restart and soft reset which are also completely ineffective where this is concerned.

Posted on Windows Feedback but thought I'd also post here as well.

******** UPDATE - THERE IS A FIX FOR THIS PROBLEM!!! ************

As I mentioned before, these apps were trying to download in Store Beta. I halted those then went to Store (non-beta) and sure enough there were updates waiting! Updated via the standard store and apps (and uninstall indicators) are back to full operation.

OKUninstall.jpg

CarR9

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
******** UPDATE - THERE IS A FIX FOR THIS PROBLEM!!! ************

As I mentioned before, these apps were trying to download in Store Beta. I halted those then went to Store (non-beta) and sure enough there were updates waiting! Updated via the standard store and apps (and uninstall indicators) are back to full operation.

View attachment 106698

This solution does not work in my Lumia 1520, I tried yesterday...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos