W10 BUILD 10136: Bugs and Defects List

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
******** UPDATE - THERE IS A FIX FOR THIS PROBLEM!!! ************

As I mentioned before, these apps were trying to download in Store Beta. I halted those then went to Store (non-beta) and sure enough there were updates waiting! Updated via the standard store and apps (and uninstall indicators) are back to full operation.

I confirm that this method works on my 636.

Ahmar16

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Store beta wasn't working for me so I did a hard reset again and tried to update the store first of all, after many attempts it finally updated. But now it wont update apps and I get errors.

Ahmar16

May 15, 2015
Visit site
How can I update beta store?? Thanks

open store beta and then go to settings in the burger menu and then click check for updates... it should update automatically after that, just wait for a while. But I guess you should just close it but dont let it crash otherwise it wont update.

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Coming from 10080, this build is a pile of fail. Deal breakers for me in 10136 after restore from backup, clean install, hard reset 3 times, etc.

-Glance screen settings are missing and only works when charging
-Ability to change notification sounds have disappeared
-Reminders are broken/Cortana is unresponsive

Nice looking, better start screen, but breaking other things is ridiculous. 10080 actually worked ok. Too bad we can't go back to 10080.

Back on 8.1 until....

ddubw

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't help myself, so I tried the build again on my 1520. This time I added my work O365 account manually and the phone mostly operational now.

The main issue I have now is maps won't update and things of that nature. Once an update for the store is pushed I think I'll be in good shape.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 535, updated to WP10, because of some bugs rolled back to WP8.1, installed Windows Insider to upgrade to WP8.1 GDR2, but now there's no GDR2 but direct update to 10136, so on 10136 again :)

Joris Kommeren

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Well at least I got text messaging working again for my Lumia 930.

Thanks guys for all the tips and experiences.

When I did a hard reset and skipped the restore part everything seemed to work. Besides notifications for text messaging. (Tried it a couple of times)
When I did a hard reset again and picked a previous backup text messaging notifications + live tile worked straight away.

Currently not installing apps / restarting my phone because I don't want to jynx it (new apps still keep appearing in the apps list so I guess it's installing), but finally things seem to be OK again.

Also recommend to everybody to update the store (like said before: if it's in dark mode you've got the latest version), followed the instructions here (just make sure you get to the update button and click it, then wait). Sublime.

kayyumzp

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: New build 10136 and no internet connection ...

I have Updated Windows 10 Build 10136 on My Lumia 1320 Yesterday, The biggest problem is "NO START SCREEN" (Shows Loading or Resuming Only), I can access Action Centre, Settings, But Not the START SCREEN,
I have googled and tried every workaround I found,
* Soft Reset, Hard Reset, etc,
I have waited for half hour and more but still shows loading,
Can anybody PLZ PLZ PLZ help me,
Can Reverting back to 8.1 and reinstaling would solve this problem?

foxibs

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm facing a problem here on my 1520.
When I try to add speech and keyboard languages, I get some errors messages. Any workaround?

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150619_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20150619_0001.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 13
  • wp_ss_20150618_0006.jpg
    wp_ss_20150618_0006.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 12
  • wp_ss_20150618_0003.jpg
    wp_ss_20150618_0003.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 12

saifulmd_0

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Can't download any additional keyboard. Says "Attention Required" after few seconds. I tried so many time but same error.
Tried: Hard Reset, Manual Update check
Model: Lumia 1320

MonsterVlad

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: New build 10136 and no internet connection ...

I have Updated Windows 10 Build 10136 on My Lumia 1320 Yesterday, The biggest problem is "NO START SCREEN" (Shows Loading or Resuming Only), I can access Action Centre, Settings, But Not the START SCREEN,
I have googled and tried every workaround I found,
* Soft Reset, Hard Reset, etc,
I have waited for half hour and more but still shows loading,
Can anybody PLZ PLZ PLZ help me,
Can Reverting back to 8.1 and reinstaling would solve this problem?

Rolling back to 8.1, installing 10136 and not restoring phone from the back up - this is what helped me.
I actually did 8 hard resets and 2 rollbacks to get this build work.

Last edited:

fazil6

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I

Known issues with my Lumia 640 (clean install and hard reset it one time)

- Cortana crashes evry time. ( biggest issue for me so far)
- Photo app doesnt show the settings ( workaround is simple just use landscape mode)
- I don't get all SMS notification. ( oh come on microsoft..... seriously 10080 did this for me nicely)
- So far the only notification I got is from Emails, sometimes SMS, Facebook.
- lock screen give trouble if a password is turned on. ( without a password works just fine)
- if i send two messages last message wont appear.( have to press back button to see it)
- Setting app doesent show " EXTRA". ( which includes glance.and other stuff) so cant adjust the glance screen settings)
- EXTRA settings was there before i hard reset it.
cant download Languages, Keyboards and Speech packs.
and Biggest - Navigation bar DOES NOT HIDE. :/

so far these are the things i noticed. ( as big bugs)

kayyumzp

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Really? Actually I did 4 Resets but no luck, Restoring to 8.1 now and I will reinstall W10 update and post the results,
Well how is the battery life though

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi Talderon!

Working on it now! Thanks. May I ask, in your setup now, do you receive sound notification whenever you received a text message?

Yes, I get notifications from the following applications:

• Phone
  • Messaging (Text/MMS working)
  • Facebook
  • Facebook Messenger
  • Realarm works great still and alarms are still reliable
  • Outlook Email
  • Outlook Calendar

I still need to work on getting more of my apps installed but also the Microsoft Health and Pimp My Band work too!!

Here are the only issues that I have at the moment (other than the known ones like can't change notification sounds and whatnot)

• I have ONE application that I cannot uninstall: AT&T Navigator
  • Skype would not update from Store Beta. I uninstalled and tried to re-install. No luck, so I installed from the legacy store
  • Extras+Info updated, but will not launch
  • Store sometimes crashes repeatedly and needs a phone restart to bring back
  • Cortana's live tile icon disappears periodically

Other than that, it's bee good so far. But I am not even 24 hours into using this build, so I will reserve judgement until after I go through the weekend. :cool:

crunchtime85

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I just received an insider fast ring configuration update on build 10136. Installing it right now. No idea what it as since no changelog is provided...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss