W10 BUILD 10136: Bugs and Defects List

abedauhajre

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
When I downloaded the upgrade it did not installed the Project Spartan browser and PDF's attachement opened with either PDF reader and Adobe Reader.
Then when an update showed up the Project Spartan appeared and PDF no longer opened because a page in Project Spartan opened and of course I cannot longer open PDF attachement or files. I guess the problem is a glitch between Project Spartan and the PDF files.

I did a roll back to 8.1 and did the installation of 10.136 but this time Project Spartan appeared at installation.

Will there be a way to uninstall Project Spartan to confirm my theory. I have tried to uninstall it with no luck. Any suggestions!!!

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Everybody likes to say they did a hard reset to get rid of duplicate apps. Won't doing a hard reset take you back to WP8.1? Then you have to update to WP10 again? Why would the duplicate apps now be gone? Please clear this up. Thanks!
the key combination will but going to the about section in the settings and resetting the phone there will keep you on the same version.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
When I downloaded the upgrade it did not installed the Project Spartan browser and PDF's attachement opened with either PDF reader and Adobe Reader.
Then when an update showed up the Project Spartan appeared and PDF no longer opened because a page in Project Spartan opened and of course I cannot longer open PDF attachement or files. I guess the problem is a glitch between Project Spartan and the PDF files.

I did a roll back to 8.1 and did the installation of 10.136 but this time Project Spartan appeared at installation.

Will there be a way to uninstall Project Spartan to confirm my theory. I have tried to uninstall it with no luck. Any suggestions!!!

Install an app called xodo docs, it uses a file picket so you can open pdfs without project spartan.

mrzetz_me

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
For the problem (music app) that i wrote before, i did reinstall the app (uninstall and then redownload it from store beta), i dont know how it possible to uninstall the app, but i did, bcause i could install it again from the store. It go well till now

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I am noticing that a lot of my apps will not install and I get an error.
The store tries over and over to install but I get the same thing.

When I search for apps in the store (beta) some of them will install and some error.

Some apps that wont install are SKYPE, TWITTER etc.
Kind of a bummer. I hope it works out.
The phone did work a lot better this morning overall than it did when I when I went to bed last night shortly after installing the latest build.

Here's a screenshot of the error I get when trying to install from the store:

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150620_0004.jpg
    wp_ss_20150620_0004.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 9

yves707

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi, does anybody else have problems with messaging apps like whatsapp or facebook messenger?
They are crashing when replacing a misspelled word with the one from prediction on top of the keyboard?
Especially words that have a/o/u with dots (on top).

After installing 10136 I made a hard reset on my 930.

hey musti, i'm experiencing the same problem. any idea how to fix?

yves707

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
hey musti, i'm experiencing the same problem. any idea how to fix?

just found a workaround for the app crash when typing and auto correction: just disable auto correction in your language/keyboard settings. no more crashes in whatsapp, text, etc...

EDIT: after doing this the whole as seems faster! a lot faster! going back to start screen is now without load screen, etc. honestly, no joke! try it yourself! :)

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
just found a workaround for the app crash when typing and auto correction: just disable auto correction in your language/keyboard settings. no more crashes in whatsapp, text, etc...

EDIT: after doing this the whole as seems faster! a lot faster! going back to start screen is now without load screen, etc. honestly, no joke! try it yourself! :)

I can't find that setting to turn auto correct off

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Weird. I also installed Windows 10 last night on my old Nokia Icon and it installed fine even with immigrating in the existing apps etc.
Everything seems be there and the live tiles seem to be working better too. i.e. the weather app tile displays info where on my Nokia 1520 (my main phone) is not.

I think I screwed up by soft resetting it when I thought it was stuck during install last night (LOADING screen for a long period) etc.

I guess I'll use the recovery tool to go to 8.1 and then update again.

It LOOKS beautiful tho. I just need certain apps to install and work dang it. :-/

JetFixxxer

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
The issues I have with my Icon and the latest build.
- Cortana doesn't enable
- Trying to train Cortana doesn't work
- I can't remove the "search"
- Can't open up "contacts"
- Can't open up MMS
- Spartan stays in landscape
- Twitter doesn't open
- Double apps
- NBC News crashes
- Apps no uninstalling
- Maps won't install
- Live tiles are not working.
- Office didn't transfer.

Gerard Roux

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I am noticing that a lot of my apps will not install and I get an error.
The store tries over and over to install but I get the same thing.

When I search for apps in the store (beta) some of them will install and some error.

Some apps that wont install are SKYPE, TWITTER etc.
Kind of a bummer. I hope it works out.
The phone did work a lot better this morning overall than it did when I when I went to bed last night shortly after installing the latest build.
Here's a screenshot of the error I get when trying to install from the store:
They are all duplicate apps from Windows Store. Unpin all those from your start screen.Upload replacemen apps from the Beta Store.

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
They are all duplicate apps from Windows Store. Unpin all those from your start screen.Upload replacemen apps from the Beta Store.

I think I did try to delete those apps and try again but too late now since I already rolled back with the recovery tool and am installing Windows 10 again now.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)