W10 BUILD 10136: Bugs and Defects List

JetFixxxer

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
- OneDrive crashes when I try to open my pictures.

The duplicates are not on my live tiles they are in the apps. I've tried to uninstall them, but that doesn't do anything.

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
My Nokia 1520 is booting back up during the windows 10 install and like last time the initial lock screen pops up with nothing on it.
I think there is a glitch in the install setup. I believe at this point it is still setting up the system in the background but they failed to display a message that it is doing so.
The first time I installed the build last night I thought it was hung so I'd soft reset it a few times. Probably messed it up doing that so I'm going to let it sit a while this time before messing with it.

mrzetz_me

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
no, I think that is not possible. you are not a morone.

I though for the first, i couldnt uninstall it coz it is a default app, but it had uninstall option in menu. It was not dissapeared from the menu either, but when i tried to search "music" in store (beta), i found the app one and there was an option "install", so i did install it. It is going well till now

Fantasyonly

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,
I?ve just installed the new build on my Lumia 1520 and I?ve got kind of weird problem with the keyboard in Whatsapp.

Everytime I want to write a smilie like ":D" my Keyboard wont write anything after I hit the ":" and want to go back to the letters. I have to hit the last message to close the Keyboard and start it again with clicking on the field to write. Another problem is that Whatsapp crash sometimes when I hit "send message".

I?ve done a hard reset after I found that bug and reinstalled Whatsapp but nothing helped. Do you guys have any advice for me?

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I get no background on start screen no matter what. It suddenly vanished and even after multiple tries i just see solid tiles without any background. I tried both tile and fullscreen option but no change. Any help ???

mrzetz_me

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
I am noticing that a lot of my apps will not install and I get an error.

The store tries over and over to install but I get the same thing.

When I search for apps in the store (beta) some of them will install and some error.

Some apps that wont install are SKYPE, TWITTER etc.

Kind of a bummer. I hope it works out.

The phone did work a lot better this morning overall than it did when I when I went to bed last night shortly after installing the latest build.

Here's a screenshot of the error I get when trying to install from the store:

You should update that app when you still on wp8.1. After you are in wp10tf, it doesnt work well

vinevinz

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Anyone have suggestion for music apps and youtube? I was using metrotube and xbox music in WP8
It really grind my gears to not having those apps...
It's my first time installing WP10TP and yeah..

Joris Kommeren

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Wanted to share with you guys a problem I was having, and workaround I found (I'm sure they'll fix it in the next build)

Problem: Apps like whatsapp, windows central crash during or after typing a message.

I have a feeling it only occurs with non-US devices. (doesn't seem to matter what the region or keyboard language is set to)

The problem with my device seemed to be directly related to the use of the backspace button. When I press backspace once (or more) ,while having words suggested above, in Whatsapp it crashes right away or hangs after pressing the send button and it crashes 10 secs later.

So workaround: Don't use backspace. (selecting text and typing "over" it is fine though!) It solved all app crashes for me. I make a lot of typos apparantly, because that happened at least once during every conversation on Whatsapp.
Been trying it for a day now, pretty convinced it's good.

Maybe some other people could try reproducing it? I'm interested where this problem occurs :) (just type a couple of random (real) words in whatsapp, hit backspace once or more, write one more and press enter or the send button. No dice? Try again. Should crash within 3 tries.)

I have a Lumia 930 btw. Problem started after installing the update it received after installing 10136. Both hard reset and upgrade instances had this problem.

Also probable bug I found was that Here Maps seems to launch to a black screen until it's connected to the internet again. Any other people having it? H

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel