W10 BUILD 10136: Bugs and Defects List

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Any success using VPN on this build? I tried hide.me, it shows connected but actually not working, when I check it on hide.me/check it shows my actually IP and location.

Panathas

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
The "resuming to start screen" became worst again, so I uninstalled the preview. I have the feeling store beta causes lots of problems trying to update or downloading apps. Also, not being able to download new keyboards is a deal breaker for me. I really want to test and give feedback, but I can't do this on my daily driver at that stage. On a test device it is difficult to figure out many of the flaws that occur in a daily use.

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Wanted to share with you guys a problem I was having, and workaround I found (I'm sure they'll fix it in the next build)

Problem: Apps like whatsapp, windows central crash during or after typing a message.

I have a feeling it only occurs with non-US devices. (doesn't seem to matter what the region or keyboard language is set to)

The problem with my device seemed to be directly related to the use of the backspace button. When I press backspace once (or more) ,while having words suggested above, in Whatsapp it crashes right away or hangs after pressing the send button and it crashes 10 secs later.

So workaround: Don't use backspace. (selecting text and typing "over" it is fine though!) It solved all app crashes for me. I make a lot of typos apparantly, because that happened at least once during every conversation on Whatsapp.
Been trying it for a day now, pretty convinced it's good.

Maybe some other people could try reproducing it? I'm interested where this problem occurs :) (just type a couple of random (real) words in whatsapp, hit backspace once or more, write one more and press enter or the send button. No dice? Try again. Should crash within 3 tries.)

I have a Lumia 930 btw. Problem started after installing the update it received after installing 10136. Both hard reset and upgrade instances had this problem.

Also probable bug I found was that Here Maps seems to launch to a black screen until it's connected to the internet again. Any other people having it? H

For the keyboard bug, my workaround is to disable "Check for mistakes" under keyboard settings. 100% working for me. You can backspace to correct mistakes while typing, no problem at all.

Alfiansyah Rahman

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The issues I have with my Icon and the latest build.
- Cortana doesn't enable
- Trying to train Cortana doesn't work
- I can't remove the "search"
- Can't open up "contacts"
- Can't open up MMS
- Spartan stays in landscape
- Twitter doesn't open
- Double apps
- NBC News crashes
- Apps no uninstalling
- Maps won't install
- Live tiles are not working.
- Office didn't transfer.
I think most of your problem can be solve by resetting your device, have u try it before ??

shreyas989

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
hard rest won't take you to 8.1. you actually installed a newer version of OS. and duplicate apps won't harm anything.i won't recommend hard reset coz you miss system apps such as extras+info, glance. and can't install keyboard and speech languages

abedauhajre

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Install an app called xodo docs, it uses a file picket so you can open pdfs without project spartan.

Thanks for the tip. I installed xodo but it crashes when trying to open the document, tried pdf either asked after saying the attachment I can open without crashing. Oh the positive note, when how I try to open a pdf attachment it asks what program to use, but the only option is Spartan.

I guess the glitch is with Project Spartan, if I can find a way to get rid of Project Spartan.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
So is there anyone on a 1520, staying with this build? I really would've but the fact that updates are once a month at best, I can't go without text notifications for that long or being able to log into apps like Windows Central.

RellD05

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
So is there anyone on a 1520, staying with this build? I really would've but the fact that updates are once a month at best, I can't go without text notifications for that long or being able to log into apps like Windows Central.

I'm on a 1020 contemplating the same thing. Love the overall look theyre going for, but fundamental cell phone things like a text notification, or simply adding a contact that dont work on this build has me considering falling back to 8.1...
I'd stay on it if "fast ring" meant waiting less a than a month or month and a half for the next update though...

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

1520 user here. Receiving text notifications. Posting this from WC app :)

Trent Vann

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Problems with the newest Build

App list search bar holds the search text even after leaving:O
Outlook office 365 account cant be added with error 0x81030116
App list search text does not find OneNote but OneDrive with One. So it clearly doesn't look for the app name field.

Running into the same problem. I'd try using it as my daily driver if I could get past this one.

Arman Dones

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I get notifications from the following applications:

• Phone
  • Messaging (Text/MMS working)
  • Facebook
  • Facebook Messenger
  • Realarm works great still and alarms are still reliable
  • Outlook Email
  • Outlook Calendar

I still need to work on getting more of my apps installed but also the Microsoft Health and Pimp My Band work too!!

Here are the only issues that I have at the moment (other than the known ones like can't change notification sounds and whatnot)

• I have ONE application that I cannot uninstall: AT&T Navigator
  • Skype would not update from Store Beta. I uninstalled and tried to re-install. No luck, so I installed from the legacy store
  • Extras+Info updated, but will not launch
  • Store sometimes crashes repeatedly and needs a phone restart to bring back
  • Cortana's live tile icon disappears periodically

Other than that, it's bee good so far. But I am not even 24 hours into using this build, so I will reserve judgement until after I go through the weekend. :cool:

Hi! Done with your suggestions. Thanks! I had a great time with build 10136. But, I'll be rolling back to 8.1 update 2 of my lumia 640 xl. Below are my reasons and review:

Cons:
SMS sound notification do not consistently work (1st main reason)
Movie Playback do not fill my whole screen. And worst video explorer do not work (2nd main reason)
Unable to turn on hotspot
Unable to pass file via bluetooth

Pros:
Amazing project sparta
Amazing music app
Overall UI is refreshing
Messages app UI is clean yet functional
Great default wallpaper
All additional functions are great.

Reminder to all: This is not a rant but a review

Members online

No members online now.