Windows 10 Mobiles Build 10136 Battery Drains Quickly L1520

Ickis99

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
What Info do you get from "Battery Use" in your Settings? Is there a single Application to blame for taking most of the Power?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The battery app doesn't function enough to show app usage. I'm seeing a high drain rate too which reminds me of using a Lumia 920.

rsmiley0

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Could this be cause it is trying to download stuff in background? My 1520 had 20 + apps that were retrying in the background. The phone was always warm so I knew something was a-miss. I am doing a hard reset and gonna leave it alone for a while .

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I had battery issues with build 10080, then I read somewhere that disabling double-tap-unlock would do the trick and it did it. Try it it out, if it helps you too. Sometimes I still have a high battery drain, because of apps that dont't close correctly, I suppose. In this case I just restart my phone and it's normal again.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Could this be cause it is trying to download stuff in background? My 1520 had 20 + apps that were retrying in the background. The phone was always warm so I knew something was a-miss. I am doing a hard reset and gonna leave it alone for a while .

A hard reset at this point might just delay the problem. The phone goes into a huge update cycle after that. Keep it plugged in and on a good WiFi signal. While downloads are fine the store seems to process each update really slow.

Sabin V Abraham

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 build 10136 on Lumia 720. Battery drains too fast even in battery saver. Full battery drained in almost 6 hours even though I have used the phone for a period of 20 mins in total. All the other time mobile was in standby mode.

Mobile data, wi fi, bluetooth and NFC are off. Battery saver shows ~60% consumed display although the mobile was in standy by for most of the time.
Is this is a bug in the build or is there any other reason for the same?

Update:
Double tap to wake up, glance screen are disabled

Last edited:

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Windows 10 build 10136 on Lumia 720. Battery drains too fast even in battery saver. Full battery drained in almost 6 hours even though I have used the phone for a period of 20 mins in total. All the other time mobile was in standby mode.

Mobile data, wi fi, bluetooth and NFC are off. Battery saver shows ~60% consumed display although the mobile was in standy by for most of the time.
Is this is a bug in the build or is there any other reason for the same?

Update:
Double tap to wake up, glance screen are disabled

I'd leave everything on, especially WiFi, and plugged in and let it do it's thing. It should settle down after a day and a few reboots.

locolyric

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
yeah. the apps which sucking my battery were "search"
which is a apps i never use since i update to 10136.
in battery status, it consume the most and even i switch off the running in background feature and it still come back.

just update to 10149 last night , but the heat still there. And i just did a factory reset this morning, now except the quiet hours icon blinking. Not sure the search will come back and killing my battery or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers