Extras+ Info Will not Install 0n 10136

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
It's not removed, just incompatible with W10. The store beta tries to update it everytime and fails. Accessing it via direct link says it has been removed from store. On 8.1 it shows as still available

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't incompatible yesterday. I had even pulled updates for it before on this build and everything in it was working fine. Several other apps that ship with the build also can get messed up by the updates.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It's saying not available for every app in SysApp pusher. It launches to the new store so I think the app is just incompatible with WP10. Also, the new store will download data. It just stops at some point and then fails.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
All the setting that are under extras + info actually update and install correctly. I tried the settings search but that doesn't work either. So they are on the phone.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Still, I think there's a Store issue. Maps doesn't install/update either, and according to all about windowsphones, I'm not an isolated case.

So I guess there's a glitch server side.

dandrayan

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Still, I think there's a Store issue. Maps doesn't install/update either, and according to all about windowsphones, I'm not an isolated case.

I was having an issue with the Maps not installing, but now it shows "To use this app, upgrade to the latest version of Windows." instead of the install button. I wonder if they're blocking the problematic apps on the back end until they have a fix?

cdayo

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
extras+info, Here Maps and Here Drive appear to be the culprits on my 1020. However, I have no use for Here anymore given that it is all integrated into "Maps" which is brilliant. And I can live without knowing details of my phone in extras+info...

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
extras+info, Here Maps and Here Drive appear to be the culprits on my 1020. However, I have no use for Here anymore given that it is all integrated into "Maps" which is brilliant. And I can live without knowing details of my phone in extras+info...

That's where many of the advanced Lumia features and settings are found. It's actually an important settings app.

My Here Map/Drive apps work but my Maps app doesn't install. So it's backwards for me. :)

Chubbynaga

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
So I gave my phone another reset. After you setup your phone as new, no backup, i quickly disabled all auto updates. And then go and try to uninstall every apps, no matter what. Some will still remain there, just ignore it. After that, i perform app check updates in both stores(old and beta).

Voila, all apps can update fine. Even there was an update to the Store Beta. Now my phone is actually working better than last time! :)

FYI, I am not putting my SIM card in the phone yet, so I can't test calling or SMS.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
dandrayan said:
I was having an issue with the Maps not installing, but now it shows "To use this app, upgrade to the latest version of Windows." instead of the install button. I wonder if they're blocking the problematic apps on the back end until they have a fix?

Same here mate. Maps started to ask for the latest Windows yesternight on my 535 DS. So yes, I guess MS are working on it.

My pending queue has now reduced to: mixRadio, network+, nokia account and extras+infos. All other are OK.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

For HERE Maps and Drive, try installing them with the old store (install or update), and then, retry in the beta store, should fix them.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, Maps can be reinserted in the download list (but it still fails to install) by clicking on it in the library list. Searching it says "latest windows required", but no problem trying to download it by the library tab.

Wait & see.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Since it's the weekend we probably won't see any store fixes. Hopefully they'll get some rest and get the store in order next week.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I ended up with that 'need latest windows' for maps, found one of those old maps shortcut enabler apps and installed it. The one I had was in my list from 8.0 days when native maps was unavailable on my AT&T branded phone, called 'Maps' from 'Live Tiles'. That got maps to open.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6