Extras+ Info Will not Install 0n 10136

wubba

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Installed Windows 10 Build 10136 on my 1520 and everything is working pretty good. The only issue I'm having is that Extras+ Info will not install. It shows up in my apps list, but when I select it nothing happens. If I long press it, Pinto Start and Uninstall show up, but they are greyed out.

At first I was having this issues with a lot of the system apps and new versions of the core apps, but once I pointed new app installs to my phone instead of the SD card, they all installed fine.

Anyone else seeing this problem and/or have a fix?

Besides that, I'm really liking this build. Tested the GPS this morning and thought it was a big improvement over Here Drive.

wolfpak54

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
ATT 1520 here, I'm seeing the same thing. I had Setting->Extras right after the initial update to 10136 but did a hard reset to eliminate a few other issues (Double Phones wifi not working) and when it came back it was gone.

yves707

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
the same here. no extras & infos, no way to install the pending update via the new windows store. update fails....

i can imagine that there a quite a few important things (like drivers, etc.) in this package, so i wonder if there is a workaround to get it installed.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
ATT 1520 here, I'm seeing the same thing. I had Setting->Extras right after the initial update to 10136 but did a hard reset to eliminate a few other issues (Double Phones wifi not working) and when it came back it was gone.

I did the same and the phone stopped being recognized by the computer . I have to put in DFU mode and restore using the software. I thought that I had brick my phone

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Just woke up to this. Everything was working fine, extras and info was in the app list as well. They worked fine until they tried to auto update (which I usually have off, but forgot), now I'm having the same problem as everybody else. Won't update, won't open. Also can't install Twitter and quite a few other apps.

Also can't sign into Windows Central app or most others.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Just woke up to this. Everything was working fine, extras and info was in the app list as well. They worked fine until they tried to auto update (which I usually have off, but forgot), now I'm having the same problem as everybody else. Won't update, won't open. Also can't install Twitter and quite a few other apps.

Also can't sign into Windows Central app or most others.
Can't sign into Windows Central either

alb3530

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
"Extras+info" It will only show in Settings if you upgrade from 8.1 and don't hard-reset the phone.

If you hard-reset it, try disabling "Update apps automatically" in Store's settings ASAP and BEFORE any app update takes place.

I did it after having restored from a 10080 backup (that had some of apps not availlable, like "Glance", for example), and here it's showing "Extras+info" apps in apps list.

Of course, don't try to update Extras+info manually (not confirmed if a manual update could mess it up as well)

Best regards

wubba

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I was finally able to get Extras+Info to install. I'm still not seeing the Extras section under Settings though. So, I still can't get to settings such as Hey Cortana.

Here is what I did:
Run a backup.
Reset phone to factory.
When it detects your SD card, point New App installs to your phone(NOT SD card)
Uninstall Extras+Info from your Apps list.
Check for updates.

Good luck, and let me know if this works.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I hard reset after the update to 10136 and Extras+Info was in the app list. The new Store beta failed to update it but fortunately I could Uninstall it with a long click. The new version then installed and ran.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I hard reset after the update to 10136 and Extras+Info was in the app list. The new Store beta failed to update it but fortunately I could Uninstall it with a long click. The new version then installed and ran.

How did you do that? One the new store borks the app it doesn't allow for an uninstall. Mine option to uninstall is grayed out.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
How did you do that? One the new store borks the app it doesn't allow for an uninstall. Mine option to uninstall is grayed out.

Fortunately it wasn't greyed out so I could uninstall.

However, in 8.1 I did notice once in the Storage app you can click on an app when you drill down to it and select it and uninstall when the main menu link doesn't offer it, so perhaps check there too.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, didn't work for me still but it's interesting you were able to get to uninstall. Mix radio is another one that got messed up.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
This thread just messed me up. extras+info was working just fine for me after installing 10136 and a hard reset. I assumed from this thread it was needing updating. I uninstalled it with no issue, and now I can't find it in either the store or the store beta. I've been searching, but it's nowhere to be found.

Has it been removed from store? Or just no longer compatible with Win10? Perhaps the functionality has been replaced by something else? Is there a link to it still?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss