Tile background

Neill Baldwin

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Is anybody else having a problem with this? When I select tiled background for the start screen every tile is my background pic instead of it being one large pic. Looks fine if I leave in on full no tile background

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
It's been this way for the last few builds. We can only assume they're still working on it. Just use the full background, or "none" for now.

Neill Baldwin

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks but it worked correctly for me on the last build. I know it's a preview but you'd think this would be one thing they'd get right out of the gate. I mean the e live tiles is a Windows selling point, what makes it unique.

thymournia

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
In My Lumia 640XL won't let me change the start screen Photo and also Show more tiles is the same like 8.1 which on the precious build Was doing fine

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks but it worked correctly for me on the last build. I know it's a preview but you'd think this would be one thing they'd get right out of the gate. I mean the e live tiles is a Windows selling point, what makes it unique.

It's been that way for a while, its a glitch, and please for the love of god, stop judging a pre release OS as if its rtm, things will break, even simple things, changing one line of code can break tons of things.

Neill Baldwin

May 16, 2015
Visit site
It's been that way for a while, its a glitch, and please for the love of god, stop judging a pre release OS as if its rtm, things will break, even simple things, changing one line of code can break tons of things.
I'm well aware that it's not the final build and am also well aware of how code works, nor am I complaining about it. I simply stated that since its their big selling point that it would have priority so it could be shown off in videos, kind of like free advertising.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm well aware that it's not the final build and am also well aware of how code works, nor am I complaining about it. I simply stated that since its their big selling point that it would have priority so it could be shown off in videos, kind of like free advertising.

that's not how development works, keep in mind, this is the stuff we the public would never see, they aren't going to change their priorities to make the builds look better as that would slow stuff down a lot.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
In My Lumia 640XL won't let me change the start screen Photo and also Show more tiles is the same like 8.1 which on the precious build Was doing fine

Try reinstalling the Photos app from the new store. I wasn't able to change the Start screen background pic either, or even see any of my photo albums at all.

There's actually a few stock apps that needed to be reinstalled on this build for them to work actually. The calculator app, Maps, and even the Phone app IIRC...

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
For me the startscreen picture, full and tile, works on my 920 and 930.
The more tiles only works for my 920. For my 930 there are no tiles on the right side but the background picture covers the total screen.

Last edited:

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
For me the startscreen picture, full and tile, works on my 920 and 930.
The more tiles only works for my 920. For my 930 there are no tiles on the right side but the background picture covers the total screen.
Try moving a tile over to the blank space on the right Harry. It came up the same way on my 1520 at first as well.

Topherious

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Happy to report the "tile background" is fixed with the 10149 build!
Are you able to choose a new image for the tile or full screen background option at all? On 10149, I am stuck with the image I had set on 10136 and whenever I try to change the image, it lets me select a new one but never actually changes it.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to choose a new image for the tile or full screen background option at all? On 10149, I am stuck with the image I had set on 10136 and whenever I try to change the image, it lets me select a new one but never actually changes it.

Yup! Works like a charm. Have you updated the "Photos" app through the Beta store?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans