WOW!!! Now action center can be accessed with one hand from halfway of the screen. Who else is excited about this feature?

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
WOW!!! Now action center can be accessed with one hand from halfway of the screen

One-handed mode is really an exiting and a great new feature addition to wm10. Probably the best yet in my opinion. When the feature was introduced I was wondering how the action center would behave in one-handed mode, to my surprise you can pull down the action center right from the middle of the screen in this mode, wow that is amazing.Now No more pain reaching for the top of the screen to pull down action center or reach for hamburger menu. and more importantly no more moaning about hamburger menu ;). Well done MS. I am really excited about this feature. What about you guys?

Last edited:

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: WOW!!! Now action center can be accessed with one hand from halfway of the screen

This doesn't seem to be working on my HTC One. I hope this doesn't become another Lumia-only feature like glance.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: WOW!!! Now action center can be accessed with one hand from halfway of the screen

This doesn't seem to be working on my HTC One. I hope this doesn't become another Lumia-only feature like glance.

there's no new Lumia only features anymore, eventually all the Lumia features will probably be implemented in the actual OS for all phones (that can support it anyway, there is a spec requirement for glance) as for the one handed use, its exclusive to large phones like the 1520, 1320, and 640XL, pretty much anything bigger than 5"

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

Even though I have an 1520, this doesn't seem interesting to me. I can reach everything without any problems. Also, unless they do something with that black part on the top, it's going to be really ugly.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

WP already had this. It was called a well thought out UI that doesn't place controls at the top of the screen. That being said I can see how handy it will be for those with phablets and other oversized devices.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site

Even though I have an 1520, this doesn't seem interesting to me. I can reach everything without any problems. Also, unless they do something with that black part on the top, it's going to be really ugly.

Indeed. When I saw the same thing implemented on the iPhone 6 plus, I already find that it is darn ugly. Now I cannot believe Microsoft adopted the same approach just like that. They don't even bother to make the top empty area to be more functional - maybe like displaying the current weather, news, or something.... anything better than a big black area. Or better, for split screen apps.

I wouldn't call this feature an innovation over other platforms at all....

grantpwarren

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

Indeed. When I saw the same thing implemented on the iPhone 6 plus, I already find that it is darn ugly. Now I cannot believe Microsoft adopted the same approach just like that. They don't even bother to make the top empty area to be more functional - maybe like displaying the current weather, news, or something.... anything better than a big black area. Or better, for split screen apps.

Be glad they're letting people help out, although they probably would have been finished by now if not.

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site

At least be grateful for some new features to help people. sure they will refine it in later builds. I think many will love this feature.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

My understanding is that this will only work on Lumia screens that are 5" or larger. Will not work on 4.5 or 4.7" screens. Not sure if it is Lumia only, but smaller than 5" is not supposed to work with this. It definitely doesn't work on my L635.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site

Snooze. The most boring feature/update yet.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

While I don't think they /need/ to do anything with that space, I do think it would be pretty cool to let apps have a hook there so you can choose in the settings.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

While the ability the OP is talking about is impressive, I'm much more impressed by the image quality of the video :angel:

hiya15

May 23, 2015
Visit site

Well, i like this feature I can live with that black screen too. :)

Someone said you cant make everyone happy , no matter what you do.

netmann

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

My understanding is that this will only work on Lumia screens that are 5" or larger. Will not work on 4.5 or 4.7" screens. Not sure if it is Lumia only, but smaller than 5" is not supposed to work with this. It definitely doesn't work on my L635.

Microsoft should make this feature an Option rather than feature specific to 5 inch and larger screen. Heck, I have small hands (with short fingers) and I know this feature would help my phone navigation tremendously on my 4.5" Lumia 920.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

Microsoft should make this feature an Option rather than feature specific to 5 inch and larger screen. Heck, I have small hands (with short fingers) and I know this feature would help my phone navigation tremendously on my 4.5" Lumia 920.
Yes, after a day of using W10M and reaching for hamburgers, my hand is aching. I am right handed, using a 1020 in otterbox, so it's quite painful to reach for a button on the exact! opposite! corner! from where my hand is holding the phone.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

Agreed. AgrEED. AGREED! Yeah, you're right on that one. Thanks for bringing that up. Time for user voice.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Liking this one handed mode, I hope they evolve this to allow snapping of two apps in the blank space above.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb