Store is soo messed up

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Removing my card didn't seem to change anything.

But in a bizarre twist one app finally installed that had been getting stuck. Unfortunately, not one I wanted. It's the Keeper app.

Same here, looked at my history and seems one stuck one installed during the night last night.

dragon-ble

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
8 out of 10 apps I have installed through the old store stopped working today, and I have no idea why. Auto updates were turned off in both stores, and they were only to allow updates via Wi-Fi, which I have not been in range of in about 36 hours or so. The icons disappeared from next to the name in the list of apps. It wasn't greyed out, the icon disappeared and nothing happens when you try to launch it. I was able to long press and reinstall. However, installing from old store causes it to fail again within a few hours. All apps installed from Beta store are still functioning. None of the apps installed from the old store are functioning any longer.

It seems to work installing from the Store Beta for the same apps, but it's a pain looking them up manually one at a time. However, for all the apps I have purchased, they now want me to pay for them again! ?!? Huh? Now THAT is what is broken with this store. I am able to find those apps as already purchased in my online account with Microsoft, yet when I install the app, it is a trial only and I have to pay or lose functionality I paid for or put up with the ads I paid to remove.

That's enough right there to make me want to revert. Until I hear this has been resolved, I don't even want to think about upgrading to Windows 10 for mobile. I paid good money for the apps, a lot of them over the last year and a half. I don't want to have to do that again. Only ONE app I downloaded that I paid for is still good. It's a free download where you pay your money directly to the publisher of the app to get enhanced features. I did that, and their servers still like me. Microsoft doesn't seem to care. This store situation needs fixing, badly.

Can I ask you why did you install a alpha software if you can't deal with some issues like that?

Someone can explain to,me why some people can't understand W10TP means technical preview?

Please I ask/beg to stay on WP8.1 if you can't deal with some issues.

Just stop.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Can I ask you why did you install a alpha software if you can't deal with some issues like that?

Someone can explain to,me why some people can't understand W10TP means technical preview?

Please I ask/beg to stay on WP8.1 if you can't deal with some issues.

Just stop.
Because somebody has to be the one to find and report these problems to Microsoft so that we don't end up with a big pile of mess on release. That's why. This is exactly what I have done. I have reported nearly 50 issues with 10136 to Microsoft, along with details on how to reproduce each and every issue, which is what they need in order to track down the problem.

I have mentioned the store issues here because others thinking on making the upgrade to it since there has been a new release might like to know this information before making a decision. All issues were reported to Microsoft first, as it should be.

Just because someone reports an issue does not make them incapable of dealing with issues. Honestly, if it weren't for the server-side store issues of not recognizing payment, I would have dealt with the rest of the buggy problems and continued to use W10TP right up until final release. However, I only have the one phone, and can't afford not to have access to a few paid apps, and while I can afford to purchase those apps again, it's a matter of principle. I am not sure I would own them in the final version of the store, which is another warning for users. When Microsoft fixes this issue to where apps paid for in the old store are now paid in the new store, more than likely apps already paid for in the new store will no longer show as paid. Yeah, that's possible, so I'm not going there.

The Store Beta problems I'm complaining about are NOT part of Windows 10, but part of the larger "server-side" at Microsoft. And, yes, it needs to be fixed as well as issues within Windows 10 itself.

There is no need to be insulting. I've been troubleshooting software before even alpha releases since long before a majority of people here were even born.

We're just trying to debug the issues. There has been some nice detective work here.
Thank you, michail71. I'm glad someone understands here.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
i just bought start perfect app, on win 10 tp, from the normal store, and its not showing, its like its hidden, cant even use it :p - have restarted too, its not in the app list

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
i just bought start perfect app, on win 10 tp, from the normal store, and its not showing, its like its hidden, cant even use it :p - have restarted too, its not in the app list

That usually means not compatible. I have a game I bought last month, and it ran fine on 8.1 Update, but when I upgraded to 8.1 Update 2, it was no longer available because the game hasn't been updated in a very long time. Not compatible with 10 either.

It's possible, if the start perfect app is being updated regularly, that a proper Windows 10 Universal App will be updated later. For now, however, I'll not purchase any further apps until Windows 10 is out and released to my phone so I can see what will run on it. In the meantime, MyAppFree is your friend. ;)

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
you make a good point rhapdog, thats entirely possible, i *thought* (not too sure now) that i previously had tried the trial of it, try now, whilst i was on win10tp, i am sure it was, in which case, it should be compatible, will just await some future update, which will eventually make it all alright :)

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Have anyone of you tried formatting the micros card to ntfs instead of fat32? I think the problems you are getting regarding the installation and updating of the apps is because windows 10 doesn't accept fat32 for installation of apps. Try formatting the microsd card to ntfs before installing apps on it.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I did an upgrade from 8.1 and everything came over. I have a stuck IE this time but that's all. Map, extras, MyFitnessPal are all working.

I'd try a hard reset as it sounds like you may have migrated some issues from the last build.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs