10136 much better after 24 hours

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
My 930 is absolutely a different phone from when I installed the TP yesterday. I didn't do a hard reset but it has really settled down. Strangely enough, I could not sign into Windows Central phone app on the new build so I rolled back my 635 to use this app.

This is one thing that no 24 or 240 hours wait fixed for me. Most apps like Reddit, WPCentral, Zomato, Uber, Flipboard just don't let me sign in. That's one sneaky bug. But otherwise have to agree, once background updates have installed it is the best build stability wise so far.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it would be a great build without the store problems and sign in issues. I've had some annoying texting bugs but nothing that can't be worked around for now.

However, I may roll back soon if there is no fix coming for the store problems on this build.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it would be a great build without the store problems and sign in issues. I've had some annoying texting bugs but nothing that can't be worked around for now.

However, I may roll back soon if there is no fix coming for the store problems on this build.

There are generally no "fixes" between builds. But considering how most of these are now apps, they can fix it if they want to, but don't think they will

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
There are generally no "fixes" between builds. But considering how most of these are now apps, they can fix it if they want to, but don't think they will

I guess it depends on where the problem is. I can see if it's a problem in the build it not getting fixed as we just have to wait for the next one. But I was thinking it's a server side or app problem. They updated the store twice since this release. It actually seemed to work better initially.

I have a needed app that's getting caught in the update bug so I'll probably roll back soon. It's a rather painless process anyway.

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Yup sadly this is true. Mine improved then got stuck in a loop updating Darts Match and Where in the World. They wouldn't download, they wouldn't open. I hard reset and got them back but noticed other weirdnesses now like elements of the Settings in the app list (glance, extras, touch etc.) and I can't set the day/date on the glance screen now. The Calculator was greyed out and needed reinstalling too.

Ho hum, it's what we signed up for!

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Too many glitches for me and too many apps won't work with this build.

Even system/Microsoft apps are messed up, like the Outlook mail app won't allow me to add an Outlook account, Windows Maps won't download, etc. Some apps wont download and cant be deleted.

angelblast1997

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Also, battery life seems to have improved a lot. On the previous build, my Lumia 1020 died without even using it and now I leave it playing audio all night long and then it last me almost half a day without charging it.

Nightwolf88

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
So battery life is still bad in this build?

I used all the preview builds on my 1020 and it was getting better. But the battery-drain was just insane!
It was like I had a new phone when i got back to 8.1. So probably will wait this out some more till there is a WM10 build that improves batterylife.

I installed 10136 on my 1520 and it was nearly unusable. Very crashy and buggy. I did a hard reset and it worked much better. I did however revert back to WP8.1 after a little over a day...the battery life was the killer thing that was lacking. I was used to stellar battery life on my 1520 that just got really bad. I may give it another chance later, but I have a busy weekend coming up that I can't risk to crummy battery life.

Please let us / me know. when you get to do the test. I'm not going to bother switching builds right now because vacation is near and I need a good functioning 1020 for that :)

Nightwolf88

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Also, battery life seems to have improved a lot. On the previous build, my Lumia 1020 died without even using it and now I leave it playing audio all night long and then it last me almost half a day without charging it.
Half a day?? lol i got on average 16 hours out of it with the 10080 build. How long did you get on that one?
So i can calculate to get an idea. :) [Rolled back because of this, on 8.1 I get 2 days 17hours with medium use.]
Btw. I did use only 2G most of the time, because i found that in 10080 build 4G would consume insane amount of power (compared to 2G and 8.1)

angelblast1997

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Half a day?? lol i got on average 16 hours out of it with the 10080 build. How long did you get on that one?
So i can calculate to get an idea. :) [Rolled back because of this, on 8.1 I get 2 days 17hours with medium use.]
Btw. I did use only 2G most of the time, because i found that in 10080 build 4G would consume insane amount of power (compared to 2G and 8.1)

I use my Lumia 1020 quite a lot. If that is not normal battery life behavior then my Lumia 1020's battery might have been damaged since the beginning because battery life has always kind of suck in my 1020. Also, it is not charging when playing audio all night.

Last edited:

jkelek

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
missing live tiles big time. for beauty and especially usefulness with sports app/scores and work e-mail. email going to your action center is just not very manageable, unless you could delete or reply to emails right in the action center. just do a glance and clear all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)