10136 After 2 days most apps are grayed out and don't work

Shai Petel

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I had this build after a factory reset and it worked perfectly on my L1520.

I installed all my apps from the store (not the beta store), arranged my start screen. Notifications - everything is working.

After 2 days, over half of my apps are grayed out, disabled and live tile is not working.

Cannot launch these apps from start, or from app list.

Cannot even uninstall them - the uninstall option is grayed out.

No updates in the store, No phone backup in progress - backup finished yesterday at 3pm, apps were disabled before the backup and still disabled today - after almost 24 hours after the backup was completed.

Some apps that are disabled:
  • yammer
  • bbm
  • mixradio
  • pandora
  • hulu
  • tubecast
  • spotify
  • windowscentral
  • paypal
  • ups
  • HERE city lense
  • HERE drive +
  • HERE maps
  • HERE transit
  • Uber
  • Waze
  • Office lense
  • Lumia Beamer

and some others as well, but these are the common ones.

Anyone else experience this?

I tried resetting the device, checking for app updates or phone updates - nothing helps.
I suspect the backup did not complete well and these apps are somehow stuck like that.

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Multiple people are having the same issue, including me, most likely related to the interaction between the old and new store. The issue I was having was the new store trying to update apps installed from the old store. The installation failed and it shows as grayed out.

To be honest, I wouldn't even try restoring a backup. It just introduces too much issues. I manually installed all my apps from the new store and haven't had any problems since. A clean slate without any migration mumbo-jumbos works best for me.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Did you install to SD? I know apps gray out of SD is bad in WP.

No, nothing to do with SD installs. The beta store just goes about disabling apps. If they don't fix this by end of day I'll roll back to 8.1. Otherwise it's a good build.

You can add myfitnesspal to the list. It's a critical app for me.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I think its beta store. Hard reset amd update the beta store. After it updates go in settings and disable automatic app updates. Think the problem condes from when the me store update apps you dl from the old store.I hard reset at least 5 times yesterday because my apps are graying out i hard reset and install the apps to the phone and disabled auto update in the new store and so far no issues. Im goin to install a couple non important apps to the sd card to check that out.even when it wouldnt read apps from the sd card it said no sd card detected but i was still able to browse the contents of the sd card using file explorer

fueledbygin

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Not having this issue, though one of the first things I did was disable auto updates in the old Store app, so I didn't have both Store apps trying to be in charge of app updates.

That's not a ringing endorsement of the beta store, but it is largely working for me on the installing and updating front. I do use the old Store app to install apps that aren't in the Store beta app. Still trying to use the store beta app primarily for testing purposes.

icatar

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm having an issue where I try to disable auto-updates in the Beta Store, but the setting doesn't stick. I've tried disabling hit, then hitting the back button, disabling it and hitting the home button, hard resetting, everything, but when I go back into settings, auto-update is still enabled. Now, I have 53 apps trying to download and a boatload that are disabled/greyed out and can't uninstall.

Frustrated!

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I had a weird thing happen earlier today where some apps were dimmed on the start screen and would not start.

Then I found out that my SD card was not being recognized. So I powered off the phone and reseated the card then powered it up and they worked.

But that is probably unrelated to what you are explaining here.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm having an issue where I try to disable auto-updates in the Beta Store, but the setting doesn't stick. I've tried disabling hit, then hitting the back button, disabling it and hitting the home button, hard resetting, everything, but when I go back into settings, auto-update is still enabled. Now, I have 53 apps trying to download and a boatload that are disabled/greyed out and can't uninstall.

Frustrated!
same here. Impossible to disable automatic updates. It reverts back as soon as you exit the setting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss