Windows 10 Mobile MUSIC APP is AMAZING

MarkXsama

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Is it a property of an app to display the real characteristics of a track or is it impossible if such information are not implied in the track in the first place? If such info are not present in the track, then no app could display them, cause they literally do not exist. I really am curious know. If you are certain, elaborate. Thank you

Motor_Mouth

Banned
Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
There are people whining about the hamburger menus but it goes perfect with this music app. Making it much easier to browse.
How? How is it "easier to browse" when you have to open a menu, which covers 80% of the screen or more, to change your selection from artist to album (or whatever) when the current app let's you effortlessly swipe from one to the next and back again at will? I think this is a perfect example of the inferiority of menus over pivots.

Does it finally get artist pictures?
Sort of. At the moment it has them for about a quarter of the stuff on my phone but some of them are the same lame tiled thing you get in Win8. It does much better with album art, though, showing around 80-90%.

Seriously. The new Music is so much better than the Xbox Music app imho. To me the new Music app feels and behaves like what a modern Zune Music app would be if Microsoft never retired it.
It is slightly better in some ways but still lacks many of XBM's best features, like band bios and album reviews. And the hamburger menu is so much less fluid than swiping in XBM. As with many things Microsoft does, it feels like one step forward, two steps back.

Horrible for phones above 5 inch display the forward/rewind and pause button should be at the bottom as in windows phone 8.1.
The controls are at the bottom of the screen - see the last two screenshots - unless you push them up higher. Even then, they should be within easy reach on any size screen. That said, if you want to be able to use your phone one-handed, why did you buy a big phone? You can't blame Microsoft for your poor choices, I think it is quite reasonable to assume that people who buy big phones are happy to use two hands.

MS research says people using phones one handed isn't that common.
These are the same people who noticed everyone had stopped using the Start Menu in Windows 7 and gave us the Windows 8 Start Screen.
Also all the whining of things being spread out through the phone display is getting old... What's the point of a display being large if every inch isn't going to be interactive? If only the bottom half is going to have buttons and interaction while the top is just for show...
Is this a serious question? Because I can think of a thousand reasons. The most obvious is that it's a screen and it's primary purpose is to display things. Interactive elements should make up only a small portion of it most of the time.
Have we really come to the point in time, where using two fingers instead of one to touch a screen is hard to do?
When I have bags of groceries in one hand or any of a dozen other times I only have one hand to use the phone with.

Ya.... Amazing.... But still can't play music by folders??! What a joke!
Why would anyone want to do that? It sounds like the dumbest feature imaginable.

Motor_Mouth

Banned
Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
There are some things I like about the new music app but plenty that I don't. The hamburger menu is an ugly and very clunky way to do a UI compared to the panoramic UI of XBM. I don't like the new style jump list and the app is missing band bios, similar artists and album reviews. The similar artists thing in XBM has put me onto several really good bands I didn't know about before, it's not something I will give up willingly.

It's not all bad, though, the new Now Playing screen is excellent and it is way better at finding album artwork. Still, overall it isn't as good as Zune was on WP7 so it's a little disappointing. Hopefully it will get some of the missing features. I also think that both N7 Player and Audiotica are better players.

Ostbiten

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Does it support FLAC as of now? Does it support playlist-import/readable of .m3u or .wpl playlists?

If not, still useless....

MarkXsama

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
It does play FLAC, I am listening to a 18MB FLAC track right now as I am typing. Playlist import, well, I did not see such feature ever in my life-I do not question its existence. I suppose it works like Firefox’s bookmark import/export.

Such feature would be nice. However, some things are better simple. Example, if this Music app would play YouTube videos, why would we need a You.Tube app in the first place?

Yes, indeed I think this app is really AMAZING, but needs improvements based on customer requests to be GREAT.

Olaf Dennison1

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone else had problems with turning up the volume when headphones are connected?? My volume is stuck at 13 when headphones are in, I need it up a bit more than that :)

I like the new visual layout of the Music app, for sure it's much better than before.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone else had problems with turning up the volume when headphones are connected?? My volume is stuck at 13 when headphones are in, I need it up a bit more than that :)

I like the new visual layout of the Music app, for sure it's much better than before.

The culprit is a misplaced dialog box. When you crank up the volume, the screen will turn grey at 13. Rotate your screen to landscape mode, you'll see a warning about high volume and detrimental consequences for your ears. Click ok, and that's it.

KarmaEcrivain94

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
It's excellent, although I would like it if we could bring in our own artists images when the app doesn't find them.
Also, Microsoft said that they used hamburger menus to tidy away features that aren't very used. Which is definitely not the case of accessing "Albums" or "Artists". Just us a pivot! like in the Contacts app! It would be so much more user friendly than the current app.

KarmaEcrivain94

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is. There are a few annoying things (MyTube is very slow and clunky on it for some reason), but I would say it is worth the upgrade. anyway, you can always roll back.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Going a little off-topic here, but is 10134 stable for daily use?

The experience tends to vary from device to device, so whatever device your interested in using it on, you should go to that devices forum and ask other users of that device, or start a thread in the windows 10 mobile area and ask about that devices stable ness with 10134

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Only thing missing is a "recently added" section. The app list has a recently added section so it's not like it hasn't been on the table during the w10 design process. I hope they'll add it later on.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Could some of you guys post screenshots please?

LOL I'm not quoting because the screenshots are in the post. I just wanted to say that I've thought this since the Tech Preview started. People would say "OMG this is so AWESOME!!" or they would say what the issue looked like such as the jump list being squished to one side, but then won't post screenshots!

Anyways, I could not get the long press of the home/Windows key to work or even run the Music app. It just crashed. I waited hours and then power cycled, then reset to factory... nothing. So I went back to 8.1. I kinda liked what I saw and wrote tons of feedback for the workday that I ran it.

negative1ne

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
good to hear.

but it's funny, that it's taken this long to get it back near to what the music app in windows phone 7.8 is now.

that's still what i'm using as one of my main programs.

later

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes