Windows 10 Mobile MUSIC APP is AMAZING

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There are some things I like about the new music app but plenty that I don't. The hamburger menu is an ugly and very clunky way to do a UI compared to the panoramic UI of XBM. I don't like the new style jump list and the app is missing band bios, similar artists and album reviews. The similar artists thing in XBM has put me onto several really good bands I didn't know about before, it's not something I will give up willingly.

It's not all bad, though, the new Now Playing screen is excellent and it is way better at finding album artwork. Still, overall it isn't as good as Zune was on WP7 so it's a little disappointing. Hopefully it will get some of the missing features. I also think that both N7 Player and Audiotica are better players.

Its ok. Foobar is bringing an app to Win10Mo, and they will likely be adding Xbox Music support! foobar2000

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Still Need The Album Art

Yeah, I thought that at first as well. BUT, you have to give it time to sync. Going in and seeing no art and then giving up on the program doesn't give it a chance to sync the album art needed.

I have spent about 48 or more hours testing this out. After the first 24 hours or so, all my album art was showing up for over 500 albums. Even album art that had no art online but had art in the local folder. I know it had no art online because there are a few albums I made myself, using my own recordings, and I also created the album art. I know for sure it got the local album art along with online album art.

In my opinion, it does the album art WAYYY better than XBM, once you give it time to sync.

If others aren't getting album art after giving it time to properly sync, then I don't know what to say. It's working great for me.

I picked up a spare Lumia 635 after I bricked my current one last week. With Pankaj's help, I was able to recover my bricked 635. Now I have one that is not my daily driver to test out TP with properly. Having a great time with it, and now I get to use the better music player. That's the main reason I decided to put 10 back on the secondary 635 that doesn't have a SIM... just so I can use the Music.

udupa1982

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
While i appreciate what MS has done with this app, i still have issues and i still believe MS can do much better. Imho MS should add following options immediately.

1) Ability to download songs directly into SD card. I can download my play-list onto phone but i don't know how to save it to my SD card so that i can make space on my phone's memory.

2) play-list syncing is still horrible and it takes hours for it to sync between laptop and phone.

3) App is missing lock screen integration which i used to love.

4) Also, live tile is important for some people, so Ms should make it optional after bringing the feature back.

Jason Velocity

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
It looks OK, but I would not call it amazing. Most of us are waiting to get back what we had, let alone see progress.

I will be amazed when they exceed Zune.

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
They REALLY need to make it work with the Music Pass. I'm also not a fan at all of leaving the app to get new music. The app itself is fine, but those two things are real issues in my opinion.

Daniel Gilbert M

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
would have more awesome if the seek bar was available in the playlist.
eg : play one song on the playlist (the screen will still stay in the playlist ) and a progress bar appears below the currently playing song which happens to be seekable.

hanjamin300

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I just cannot understand how people like this new app. Did they just not use the music hub on WP7? Have they never used a ZuneHD? The music app did not evolve in an appropriate fashion. They've taken what used to a be a fluid experience and boxed up and separated everything. You have to go to the hamburger menu to navigate anywhere in this new app.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I just cannot understand how people like this new app. Did they just not use the music hub on WP7? Have they never used a ZuneHD? The music app did not evolve in an appropriate fashion. They've taken what used to a be a fluid experience and boxed up and separated everything. You have to go to the hamburger menu to navigate anywhere in this new app.

After having a look at the screenshots, I think we can conclude they never have....

desaideas1

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
If there is one feature (adjustment) that is needed is the lock screen timeout and controls. It drives me nuts that it disappears so quickly, I wish you could change to static controls or increase the visibility to be a full minute if you hit the volume button while playing music.

desaideas1

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
I do miss my ZuneHD....my bro used it in the bathroom and left it on the counter where it got water damage a few years ago and I almost went into full on rage mode because it''s so hard to replace.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb