Windows 10 Mobile MUSIC APP is AMAZING

Vinoth Di

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Unless they fix the Equalizer being disabled when a bluetooth accessory is connected, the music app experience won't be amazing IMHO.
There is an uservoice ticket which MS doesn't seem to bother.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I just cannot understand how people like this new app. Did they just not use the music hub on WP7? Have they never used a ZuneHD? The music app did not evolve in an appropriate fashion. They've taken what used to a be a fluid experience and boxed up and separated everything. You have to go to the hamburger menu to navigate anywhere in this new app.
People can't miss what they have never had. I never had it. Considering my only music playing experience has been on either Windows Mobile 5, and old Nokia 6350, and Windows Phone 8.1, then the Windows 10 Music app is a big step ahead of any of those. I can only see them as heading in the right direction.

Is it finished yet? Not by a long shot. It's just begun. It's a total rewrite from scratch, and the final product, I feel, will be good.

So far it does everything I need.

Unless they fix the Equalizer being disabled when a bluetooth accessory is connected, the music app experience won't be amazing IMHO.
There is an uservoice ticket which MS doesn't seem to bother.

That I agree with. With the proliferation of high-end Bluetooth stereo headphones, this is a serious oversight. When I'm busy getting work done, the last thing I need is a wire that will get hung on something and snag. Something will get broken. I like wireless, and refuse to go back to wired headsets just so I can have an equalizer. As much as I love having an equalizer, it's a real shame it's so limited.

Maceart

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft literally invented folder file organization.

Yet they insist on having music player sort by a ****ty ID3 tagging system that is inconsistent with whatever "source" you get your music from. Also, who cares about streaming music.

No folder play means this music player is yet another redundant app. Core Music Player is still the best.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft literally invented folder file organization.

Yet they insist on having music player sort by a ****ty ID3 tagging system that is inconsistent with whatever "source" you get your music from. Also, who cares about streaming music.

No folder play means this music player is yet another redundant app. Core Music Player is still the best.
Folders is how I keep my music organized. I was disappointed to not find any music apps that handled it by folder. I'll have to take a look at Core Music Player. However, I'm really looking for one that works well in Landscape mode for viewing on my desktop stand.
Does it work in landscape mode too?
Yes, very well.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I do miss my ZuneHD....my bro used it in the bathroom and left it on the counter where it got water damage a few years ago and I almost went into full on rage mode because it''s so hard to replace.

This is seriously annoying. You can't even use it to preview a song for more than a split second before it disappears. I spend most of the time pressing the power button three times (once to go black, once to get it back, and then again to bring down the menu again).

im.thatoneguy

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
STILL?! Come on...it can't be that hard, and it's gotta be one of the most requested "features"...

I can't see why it's taking so long. I implemented gapless video playback in a WinRT app. In fact I added cross fades to a video playback application. Audio by comparison has got to be bonkers trivial to add.

im.thatoneguy

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Does it support FLAC as of now? Does it support playlist-import/readable of .m3u or .wpl playlists?

If not, still useless....
Why do people keep wanting FLAC support in applications. The only reason you have FLAC is because you looked around at the derth of music players with FLAC support and said to yourself "Screw it, I'm going to use a format with almost no advantage but huge inconvenience and incompatibility issues for no reason at all!" The solution was to not rip to FLAC.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
when?

they haven't updated anything on their site, there isn't any information about it.

also, this thread mentioned it to:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-news-rumors/274265-foobar2000-mobile-kickstarter.html

later

Yeah, I actually made a thread about it in Febuary however it got removed because it linked directly to their project page...

If you want more information you can browse their forums and project portal.

You give -1 but deep down in your heart you know you want this ;)

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Why do people keep wanting FLAC support in applications. The only reason you have FLAC is because you looked around at the derth of music players with FLAC support and said to yourself "Screw it, I'm going to use a format with almost no advantage but huge inconvenience and incompatibility issues for no reason at all!" The solution was to not rip to FLAC.

Yeh WMA Lossless is ok by me. Oh I haven't checked if its also supported.

Might RIP my Audiophile CDs later and test.

Ostbiten

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Because there is use of this format for some people. Having high-end headphones and equipment, listening on my PC. Then I would need 2 set of all my music files just to use them on my phone? That to me is just a waste of both time and space. If third-party music players manage to play FLAC, why would not Microsoft manage to fix this? It's all about extra options for those who actually have use of these small things in my opinion. FLAC-support and the playlist-support is obvious to me nowadays.

doncuco

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Same here. When someone wants to listen to mp3 thats ok for me. but for my hifi rigg i have a compilation of HiRes Music. Its a comfort feature for me to be able to play flac on my phone not having to transcode them to mp3.

Glenn Ruysschaert

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
The playlists still mess up ever since WP8, they never update correctly unless I remove all the music and playlists from my phone and resync. This is the case with both the WP desktop tool and Windows Media Player. It randomly removes songs from playlists even tho they are on the device, it\s so frustrating. For example, I have a playlist with 21 essential mixes, I sync it for the first time and it shows up fine. Then I sync for a second time and all of a sudden I only have 7 mixes in that playlist, but all the 21 mixes can still be found on the device by going to the songs or albums view. It drives me nuts, this completely breaks the music experience for me.

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
It is!! It's still a preview but MS can easily add new features and stuff. What I miss the most is putting favorites.

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
You have a radically different idea of what is a good design and user experience from me. I loved Zune. I tolerated Xbox Music. The abomination that is the Windows 10 Music app is simply unacceptable as far as I'm concerned. And Microsoft doesn't really care.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion