Windows 10 Mobile MUSIC APP is AMAZING

Lullen

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Is it possible to download the files to a SD card? I have changed the settings in storage but still it gets on the internal memory

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Because there is use of this format for some people. Having high-end headphones and equipment, listening on my PC. Then I would need 2 set of all my music files just to use them on my phone? That to me is just a waste of both time and space. If third-party music players manage to play FLAC, why would not Microsoft manage to fix this? It's all about extra options for those who actually have use of these small things in my opinion. FLAC-support and the playlist-support is obvious to me nowadays.

FLAC support will also come to Windows 10 for phones | Windows Central

I haven't checked whether or not it's included in the current build, but I'm pretty positive that I read somewhere that it is.

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
You have a radically different idea of what is a good design and user experience from me. I loved Zune. I tolerated Xbox Music. The abomination that is the Windows 10 Music app is simply unacceptable as far as I'm concerned. And Microsoft doesn't really care.

Yeah it's one more reason why I'm not excited about Win10. It trying too hard to be Android or IPhone. Where is the typography that was unique to WP? Why the god awful hamburger menu in the most inaccessible part of the screen? No thanks. Looks like I'll be on WP 8.1 forever.

Shobiz

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
As a Zune user since Day 1, I see from other Zune users in this thread, that the music app is still a piece of crap. Just re-brand the Zune software. THE END

MarkXsama

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
And I hope at least 3 out of 10 suggestions will get viral to improve the Music app in future builds. Using the app for 4 days and for my needs, the worst about the app is its inability to preview albums. It plays mp3 and FLAC and looks pretty. The additional features from your favorite players might be added.

timmorris83

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
The one thing I'm missing is albums sorted by date added like the desktop offers. I'm always listening to new releases and if I can't sort by date added I tend to loose track of all of my music. I've been on zune/xbox music for some years now and gets hard to remember/sort through what I've recently added if I have to do it by artist. I do still get the feeling with Microsoft that every step forward results in a step backward when it comes to functionality. Look everybody, we've added this great new feature but had to take away the ones you loved the most.

Lullen

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Hit "Add to" then "Now Playing"... boom, song added to queue. Has been in every music app made by Microsoft since the Zune HD.
So if I press play on an album and then go a song and press "Add too" then "Now Playing". Will the new song be played after the current song has finished? Say I do not use shuffle then what will happen is that I will play the whole album and then finally play the new song added. If I use shuffle I have no control at all to choose when the song is played

win_splash

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Is it possible to select all songs for download at once in this version. I was playing around with the new music app, and I saw the check box to select tracks for download, but I didn't see the option to select all. I'm referring to music that is showing up that's located on OneDrive that are not in a playlist. I have a lot music on OneDrive, and it would be a pain to have to select each one individually. The music app on 8.1 had this option.

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Because there is use of this format for some people. Having high-end headphones and equipment, listening on my PC. Then I would need 2 set of all my music files just to use them on my phone? That to me is just a waste of both time and space. If third-party music players manage to play FLAC, why would not Microsoft manage to fix this? It's all about extra options for those who actually have use of these small things in my opinion. FLAC-support and the playlist-support is obvious to me nowadays.

Hardware(like Ibasso DX100 and FiiO X10) plays a part or may be needed to actually make a difference though in sound quality.

edit: I just checked, those Ibassos players seems to be Android devices.

aXross

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I haven't installed Windows 10 Mobile Preview yet but based from the screenshot and some articles about it. The new Music app looks promising and it does heading to right direction but I still find it lacks many nice features that we had from Zune. I really do hope they will bring back those soon, before the Windows 10 Mobile launch.

Here is my concept of what I hope the Music app is heading to. A mix of Zune and Windows 10.
All Screen Concepts.jpg

aXross

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I agree, we have tons of awesome concepts everywhere that many of them are created by professional designers. Its really a shame that most of those never comes into a reality, even in a form of inspiration. :(

Anyways I've just posted a new feedback on Xbox Music UserVoice. The title is "Improve the design for Windows 10 Mobile Music app to be Zune-like", Since that I can't post links here yet.
Hope you guys like it. Let's try to help Music app to be a way better one. :)

London Jr

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes! the music app prior to making a seperate phone app worked amazingly. It could've used some of the features that were missing, but simple and plainly, it worked smoothly, never problems loading, crashing. Song immediately populated during sync, no black screens, or crashing. Who were the original guys that made the app, because the new ones are not as good.

Edit: BTW, i do like the direction the new app is heading with the new design, it's been a whole year with this crap on WP8.1, so any change would be welcome

Narciso Neto

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
This. I spent a LOT of time using mp3tag to get all of my tags organized and now it's ignoring the covers I added. :'(

Me too, too much time on Mp3tag wasted. I'm using WP8 Xbox system app on WP8.1 (using 'Music Hub tile' app) and if W10 app keeps trying to get data from Xbox service I'll still be using this app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos