Windows 10 Mobile MUSIC APP is AMAZING

MarkXsama

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
One of the best improvements that came with, I believe, build 10080, and is present in build 10136, is the Music app. I have used androids, iOS7/8, WP8.1 and now W10 build 10136, and never have I been satisfied with any of the stock, nor store music apps. They were a lot, and you probably can imagine all the varieties of players offered. They were unattractive, very simple, very complicated, or very useless and unpleasant to use, so to some extent, the joy of actually listening to tracks disappeared the moment you started the app.

However, the Windows 10 (Mobile) development team have outdone themselves with a beautiful, eye-catching, polished, easy-to-use, fast, and very useful Music app, that I crown the 2015 smartphone music player app of the year!!! Some of the features that make it brilliant are :

1-Dual mode background (black/white-grey) - dependent on the color profile of the phone; just as Store BETA etc
2-Menu for Recent plays, Albums, Artists...this makes it a fluid experience to use
3-You WILL BE ABLE to sign in with your e.g. GMAIL account - to this time, it doesn't do anything (build 10136)
4-Settings in the menu of the app shows only Downloads, but this might change and give more customizable features
5-When browsing through your tracks, a panel displaying the currently played track shows in your accent color - looks really nice
6-While playing tracks, you can slide up, or press an arrow, to see the rest of the songs while the currently played is shown atop in a good sized window 3/5 of screen. Also, the tracks names, artists and album names are written in cascaded white, grey, white...panels/lines with the currently played track being highlighted in accent color e.g. blue on white or blue on grey.
7-Clicking on the currently played tracks name will open a full description of the track with options to play all, add to, more...

Obviously it is very fluid, the menu helps a lot and just all the tiny details that make it more and at the same not not too much. It is a joy to use it.
What makes it better than any other app is that selecting a track by artist, album or playlist is easier, doesn't hide currently played tracks. And definitely no commercial adds!!!
11426490_1146984125317217_729172950_n.jpg11637827_1146983675317262_654492214_n.jpg11638091_1146983768650586_1233499040_n.jpg11653355_1146983648650598_489728805_n.jpg11536855_1146991091983187_1151160171_n.jpg

EDIT 21.6.2015
1- Also, another good thing is when you press an alphabet letter in albums/artists/songs, you can chose from the whole set of initial letters, so you can search music really fast.
2-The bad sides to this app are that you can not preview any artist or album. You can only play it or add it to now playing/new playlist. This way you do not know which songs you will play/add and even if you know, you are unable to specifically select - e.g. you have album of 10songs, but you want to play just 2 of them - not possible.

Last edited:

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Yah, it really looks prime. However the two things that I really want are:
-Correctly identify the Artist Name, track name and all other song metadata
-Correctly identify and display the album art

Even after countless updates, Xbox Music still doesn't do this right.

systematicchaos

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I totally agree with you. I love the new music app. There are people whining about the hamburger menus but it goes perfect with this music app. Making it much easier to browse. The best thing is that in the upcoming updates, users will be able to listen to the tracks saved on OneDrive as well.
They just need to add gapless playback and shortcut to the EQ/audio settings in this app. And you should try out Spotify. UI of Spotify is also neat and beautiful.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I totally agree with you. I love the new music app. There are people whining about the hamburger menus but it goes perfect with this music app. Making it much easier to browse. The best thing is that in the upcoming updates, users will be able to listen to the tracks saved on OneDrive as well.
They just need to add gapless playback and shortcut to the EQ/audio settings in this app. And you should try out Spotify. UI of Spotify is also neat and beautiful.

actually, you could listen to tracks saved on onedrive since the music beta app first released, I've been doing it with my backup 925 which I abuse very much :p

UptownWebhead

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Seriously. The new Music is so much better than the Xbox Music app imho. To me the new Music app feels and behaves like what a modern Zune Music app would be if Microsoft never retired it.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Could you guys post screenshots?

Not lucky enough to have a backup device to run the TP right now...

Just my 928 that is btw listed in the marketplace ( you should check it out ;) )

Abrar ahamed

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Horrible for phones above 5 inch display the forward/rewind and pause button should be at the bottom as in windows phone 8.1. I'm ok with the hamburger menu but I don't understand why the OS is going from one hand to double hand use. just pointless

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
MS research says people using phones one handed isn't that common.

Also all the whining of things being spread out through the phone display is getting old... What's the point of a display being large if every inch isn't going to be interactive? If only the bottom half is going to have buttons and interaction while the top is just for show...

Secondly MS has implemented a feature now where if you hold down the windows button the app lowers down so you can interact with the top....

All these empty complaints are getting old

Have we really come to the point in time, where using two fingers instead of one to touch a screen is hard to do?

Last edited:

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Horrible for phones above 5 inch display the forward/rewind and pause button should be at the bottom as in windows phone 8.1. I'm ok with the hamburger menu but I don't understand why the OS is going from one hand to double hand use. just pointless

Because quite honestly, if you buy a 6" phone, chances are you don't care in the slightest about one handed use. I have a 1520, and you know what? I always use 2 hands anyway! I welcome a 2 handed use UI, why? Because you shouldn't be trying to handle a phone that big with one hand in general, doing so is why there are so many posts about 1520's being broken and "cheaply made" here after dropping them a few times.

Last edited:

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Because quite honestly, if you buy a 6" phone, chances are you don't care in the slightest about one handed use. I have a 1520, and you know what? I welcome 2 handed use, why? Because you shouldn't be trying to handle a phone that big with one hand in general, doing so is why there are so many posts about 1520's being broken and "cheaply made" after dropping them a few times.

OMG so true!!

And if you don't have the patience to wait 2 seconds for the top of the display to lower for you then
1. You have what appears to be some short patience
2. You probably shouldn't be using a phone that really isn't at all made for one handed use

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I love the Music app in 10136 as well. That's the one thing that made it the most painful to revert back to 8.1 GDR2. That, and the microphone for every text box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte