Why is the Restore PC function gone in Windows 10?

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
When i installed TP 10074 there were three settings. Refresh, Restore, and Advanced (boot from CD or image file). I updated to 10130 and the restore function was completely gone. Where it said you can completely wipe out everything and reinstall Windows. Do this if you are recycling the PC or want a clean install.

Now i see there is only two, a new one called Reset this PC and Advanced. Reset this PC now says "If your PC isn't running well, resetting it might help. This lets you choose to keep your files or remove them, and then reinstalls Windows." Did they merge Refresh and Restore into a single function now called Reset? Or will restore be coming back to Windows 10?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
However, I am a bit disappoed with this feature as I just reset my pc and selected the option "keep my files"

The files are there but none of the windows 10 apps work. They aren't even installed properly on the system. There are on the start screen but all of them say microsofr.windows/ Microsoft.people/ micorosft.xbox blah blah blah

I think I am doing to format this partition and reinstall. fresh.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte