10136 Is Amazing on My Lumia 925

Motor_Mouth

Banned
Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
It took me a mammoth 6 hours yesterday but I finally managed to get 10136 installed and I am really digging it. It seems to have solved pretty much every major problem I was having with 10080 (and I was having some horrendous problems with that, like no response to touch) and the design is starting to come together very nicely. Here are a few issues I was having that now appear to be fixed:
- wireless charging now seems to work reliably (it used to constantly start/stop charging before)
- battery life seems greatly improved (only drained 10% overnight, not 30%)
- some apps that had stopped working are working again (I can check the weather again, yay!)

Of course, there are still heaps of issues to be fixed, and it lacks a lot of polish and consistency, but in terms of general use this is a huge step up from 10080. I've read a few other threads where people seem to be having all kinds of problems but it is working great for me. I've been using W10 Mobile on my daily driver for the past few weeks and it has been quite a chore but this build feels much stronger and better up to daily use. I have so much more confidence in where W10 Mobile is going than I do with Windows 10 itself that it's just not funny.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Same here! Works great for me, but with occasional app crashes. Nonetheless the battery improvement is great!

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm still afraid to put 10136 on my 925 since it's my daily driver. However seeing how beautiful three music app is and how well put together the music app is, I'm very tempted to. My biggest concern is, when I put it on my 635, it was completely unusable until I hard reset it. Did any of you have to hard reset your 925s after upgrading to the latest build?

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I"m afraid to say this build has been a disaster for me an my 822. Start screen freezing and non-responding. Apps not completely uninstalling. Having to reinstall apps and uninstall again. Plus it's just dog slowwwwwwwwww. Battery issues and excessive heat.

I've done soft resets, hard resets and everything in between but nothing really ever sorted anything out.

I like 10 overall but I've yet to get a build going that was stable enough for me to not roll back to 8.1. I know it's beta and I'm fine with that. I'll keep trying new builds as they arrive, but these issues make me glad I haven't subjected my daily driver (830) to it yet.

Motor_Mouth

Banned
Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm still afraid to put 10136 on my 925 since it's my daily driver. However seeing how beautiful three music app is and how well put together the music app is, I'm very tempted to. My biggest concern is, when I put it on my 635, it was completely unusable until I hard reset it. Did any of you have to hard reset your 925s after upgrading to the latest build?
Nope. I had a lot of trouble rolling back to WP8.1 so that I could install the upgrade but since getting this build up and running it has been great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos