why windows mobile won't work on 64bit architechture ???????

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
If you have a link to that it would be appreciated. Otherwise I think you must have misunderstood that.

W10 OS is the same on mobile and PC. On PC it supports both 32 and 64 bit. I don't see why mobile would be different.

Salauddin Ahmed

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
windows 10 mobile wiil only support 32 bit operation .check Hardware specifications on wiki .
Clearly listed : -

Hardware specifications :
Minimum specifications for Windows 10 Mobile devices are similar to those of Windows Phone 8, with a minimum screen
resolution of 800x480 (854x480 if software
buttons are in use) and 512 MB of RAM.
Owing to hardware advancements and the
operating system's support for tablets,
screen resolutions can now reach as high as
QSXGA resolution (2560?2048) and further,
as opposed to the 1080p cap of Windows
Phone 8. The minimum amount of RAM
required is dictated by the screen's
resolution; screens with a resolution higher
than 960?540 require 1 GB of RAM, screens
of 1440?900 and higher require 2 GB,
2048?1152 and higher require 3 GB, and
2560?2048 and higher require 4 GB.[47]
As with Windows Phone, Windows 10
Mobile supports ARM system-on-chips from
Qualcomm's Snapdragon line, adding
support for the 208, 210, 615, 808, and 810.
The operating system will also introduce
support for IA-32 system-on-chips from
Intel and AMD, including Intel's Atom x3 and
Cherry Trail Atom x5 and x7, and AMD's
Carrizo. Although some of these supported
chips are 64-bit, Windows 10 Mobile will
only support 32-bit operation.[47]

check below :

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_Mobile

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Read '' Harrdware specifications '' on this wiki article .

I did read it. The reference is an article. The only place I've found that information is in articles. I haven't seen anything official from Microsoft anywhere. Not knocking the article writers I'm sure they got their info from somewhere.

Not arguing with you but I think I'll wait until the RTM comes out to see what's on offer. If it's not 64 bit right away I'm sure it will be eventually.

It's not a big deal really but I'm sure some will find a problem with it...

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Not really an issue until a device manufacturer decides to use a 64-bit chipset and wants to run 64-bit Windows on it. Then I am sure Microsoft will work with them.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Not really an issue until a device manufacturer decides to use a 64-bit chipset and wants to run 64-bit Windows on it. Then I am sure Microsoft will work with them.

Some of the processors allowed in the spec are 64 bit. The article quoted in the Wiki state the they will run in 32 bit mode instead of the 64 bit mode, apparently.

I'm all for 64 bit processors. Have been since I first heard of them back in the 90s. Thing is, most software isn't written to support 64 bit so are not optimised but there are some advantages regardless which may increase speed.

Since more and more phones are getting 64 bit processors I guess we'll see what happens. You of course need programming tools that will allow you to take advantage of those processors.

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
No reason for 64-bit smartphones just yet, although I expect that to change within the next year or two. Most of the flagship devices right now have ~3 - 4 GB of RAM, so utilizing 64-bit computing wouldn't be necessarily beneficial. Besides, hardware support for 64-bit mobile chipsets are still limited.

The fact that Windows Mobile 10 will be able to run in a x86 chipset is interesting enough. Basically opens the door to being able to install any Win32 program on your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers