I can't seem to update to the latest Windows 10 Tech Preview (Mobile)

xsodaxmachinex

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I can't seem to update my Lumia 920 to the latest version of Tech Preview 10. I have WINDOWS INSIDER installed and set to Insider Fast, I have trying to hit the update several times of the past few days and that doesn't seem to help. I can't roll back my phone ( Windows Phone Recovery Tool sees my phone when plugged in and when I select it will just sit there and doesn't move any further on both my computer and wife's laptop, I have tried uninstalling, deleting stuff, restart computer and reinstall but does not work.) I have been getting this one thing over again about Scheduled Restart (attached picture.)

wp_ss_20150621_0001a.png

Is there anything I can do to get to the next build? Any tips would be helpful.

Thanks

F3rzz

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
i used Navifirm+ to download windows 8.1 image for my 920 and Nokia Care Suite to Flash it. Lumia/ Windows phone recovery tool would not install on my PCs.

Look for instructions online, mine were in spanish so it's no use to give them here i guess.

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if you're aware of this, but Microsoft has disabled the upgrade path from build 10080 to 10136 because of an upgrade bug. In order to try build 10136, you'll either have to rollback to 8.1 to download the update, or wait for the next build to be released (which fixes the issue). I'm assuming the reason you can't find the newest build is because you're still using 10080, which will not show an update to 10136.

xsodaxmachinex

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Well it seems to have updated during the night, which I didn't know about, and installed when I had to restart my phone. Well needless to say something either happened when it was installing it on the restart and when it came to It had installed the update but phone had some issues and was put into a soft reset and now the phone is bricked. I get wonderful gears and the frowny emoji and now can't do anything with my phone. So I guess I will have to get a new phone now. I have no way of fixing it and I don't think I have a way of sending it out to get fixed either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon