Mobile Build 10149 is as Smooth & Fast as Official WP8.1..!!!

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
10136 on my 1520 is still hanging on. I hope Email, OneDrive and the damn store issue gets fixed in 10147 or 10151. If so, they'll be no looking back. I have been annoyed by the way txt audio reading and Cortana searches have gotten the shakes but I expect this to be dialed in.

boltz82

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Not if you still can't get texts announced and read to you. Every new release includes lots of trivial cosmetic changes but still not the second most important thing a phone does next to making calls? Until a build can do the very basics, people like me can't use it and give useful feedback on the other aspects.

I agree, this missing functionality is what I miss most. The other various UI and orientation issues I am living with currently.

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Not if you still can't get texts announced and read to you. Every new release includes lots of trivial cosmetic changes but still not the second most important thing a phone does next to making calls? Until a build can do the very basics, people like me can't use it and give useful feedback on the other aspects.

OK.
Now why Microsoft has warned you not to install TP on a daily driver is, OS may get unresponsive at times. You cant make calls or texts. That's what MS has already told.
This TP Builds are for Testing Purpose. If you want to make calls or texts as on a regular device TP is not meant for you.
Just wait Patiently until OS get in shape.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Who says it may be ready for us as early as next week? We've seen leaked videos before and then didn't get an update for a month.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
10149 is much responsive and faster than 10136..
msmmobile says that its as fast as official WP8.1
Cant say anything until its released and installed on our device.

The way you announced it made me think that you had actual proof of this claim :p let's hold off and wait for a bit :) While some may say that it's good that doesn't make it good. It really is subjective

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
There is hope...All I know on my ICON, I tried both builds and BOTH times my phone would not work at all. Both builds I had to restore 8.1 just to make a phone call or a text...

Time will tell...

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
There is hope...All I know on my ICON, I tried both builds and BOTH times my phone would not work at all. Both builds I had to restore 8.1 just to make a phone call or a text...

Time will tell...

I've tried all build since the first one. They've gotten a little better with each build but a little.

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
can anyone tell me whether or not the live tile for the music or music hub app is showing the artist now playing on this new build?

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Wow. 10149 is way faster and more fluid than 10136! A big step forward. 10136 got better as it cured over a day or so after installing. Let's hope the same is true of 10149. It is off to a roaring good start on my 1520!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Wow. 10149 is way faster and more fluid than 10136! A big step forward. 10136 got better as it cured over a day or so after installing. Let's hope the same is true of 10149. It is off to a roaring good start on my 1520!

Would love to hear some more :D

nblots

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I see 10149 is now release, but does anyone know why the update i have available is : 10.0.12648.133 ? It's currently installing, just not understanding the versioning.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site

Your "trivial" and my "trivial" are not the same.

I've maybe used that feature twice in the last couple of years.

renjith p george

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Just love this build so far. Appearance is great. There are many UI tweaks in a good way. That includes notification centre, start screen, app list, animations, volume bar, alert sounds.

For on screen navigation bar devices, now we can change the colour of the bar.

People app still crashes.

Dialler has become matured.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6