Mobile Build 10149 is as Smooth & Fast as Official WP8.1..!!!

Michael2525

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to add another email account in this build? I couldn't do that in last one. Crashed every time I tried. Also, can you pin live tiles for each account on start screen?

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Your "trivial" and my "trivial" are not the same.

I've maybe used that feature twice in the last couple of years.

If you own and drive an automobile made in the last 9 years this feature is a must. The absence of it the past two builds are what kept me on 8.1. Music pass support or lack thereof also was an issue.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Notifications are working for me which was my biggest issue with the last build. I'm happy with it as a daily so far.
Two minor things I don't like......

The battery icon, particularly when charging is as too small. I have a 1520 and I shouldn't have to look real close at the phone to see if it's charging.

The emoticons are still too small Imo. They need to be bigger.

Jon Schade

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Well, my 830 got caught with the "very rare" PIN bug. I can't unlock my phone. The pad comes up but won't accept my pin. Not sure what to do. It was working very well with 10136.
A reflash may be in my future but I would rather not.

Any suggestions?

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, my 830 got caught with the "very rare" PIN bug. I can't unlock my phone. The pad comes up but won't accept my pin. Not sure what to do. It was working very well with 10136.

Any suggestions?

Just wait 1-2 hrs as gabe aul has mentioned. Then after that just turn off pin to unlock

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Any suggestions?

It baffles me every day reading this forum.... Why would install Alpha software on your phone and not read the release notes?

Like. Really?

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Opened Cortana and when I get to "Before we get started page...." Cant see how to continue unless an arrow is hidden or something...anyone else?
Found problem, I had font at 150% under ease of access and obviously page oes not scale and agree button was below bottom of screen. Reduced down and was able to get to Agree

imLou

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I can use my device. Everything i try to open get error alert "xxx cant be opened. An app update may be available in the store." Even store, settings, and phone got this error.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually surprised by the performance because all previous builds were horrible. I also didn't know you couldn't use your Xbox Music subscription on these builds either.

Loc Ngo

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey does anybody know about the issue with the system apps? I updated to 10149 today and can't open Phone, Message, Music and Video. Whenever I open them a message appears saying that there is a problem with that app, I need to either buy or uninstall them. I've tapped them and none of them work. How can I resolve this? I am using a 920 and I updated from 10136. Thanks for your help.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually surprised by the performance because all previous builds were horrible. I also didn't know you couldn't use your Xbox Music subscription on these builds either.

My Xbox Music sub seems to be working just fine. Unless, you mean going into the Store to download more music.

nblots

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Someone asked earlier about pinning different mail accounts to home screen. The good news is, yes.
Only downside now it's still no j unified inbox, but very happy to have this at least.
Liking this Build a LOT.

To pin, do a long press from the All Accounts view. Voila!

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm running the build now and I can safely say this is a dream build. Took a while for it to install and upgrade apps (most would simply crash on opening) but give it some time to settle. So far everything works amazing... Really smooth *and* fast app launching, close, maybe faster then 8.1 - and thats crazy good!

Some sliders and icons are way to small though, but they mentioned that these will be tackled in a later build.

All in all, this seems like a very good build for daily use on my HTC M8.

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
On 10149, email is fully accessible across multiple email accounts but nowhere near optimized. It "works" through individual home screen folders but you can't see numbers of new emails for each account except by opening them up in serial fashion. I also occasionally lose an email when I send it and if you try things like "reply all" and then delete a few names, the system sometimes nonetheless sends the email to everyone on the original, despite your intentions. Routine alpha/beta stuff like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6