Mobile Build 10149 is as Smooth & Fast as Official WP8.1..!!!

Mladen Mikovic

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm stuck with 1 missed call notification on phone tile and lockscreen, tried unpining the tile, reset, soft reset, deleting that missed call but nothing..
Anybody with the same problem?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
can anyone confirm no call history and mp3 player neither stock neither others detect mp3s on SD card?

No call history here, unless it's someplace else ?

Some annoyances so far. Where do you go to set the background apps? I went to battery saver and all the apps that can run in the background are not listed. The "Weather" app that is downloaded from the store (by default) you CAN NOT UNINSTALL (this is first time for Windows Phone where you cant uninstall an app). The weather app is a KNOWN battery killer and I want it disabled or removed.

A Perk for Verizon customers, I have Unlimited data, this does not include internet sharing (extra fee for it), It works on this build, I am able to setup a WI-FI hotspot with out having to add a service on my plan....pretty cool

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm stuck with 1 missed call notification on phone tile and lockscreen, tried unpining the tile, reset, soft reset, deleting that missed call but nothing..
Anybody with the same problem?

This just happened to me today. Call History was just gone all of a sudden and the non-working phone tile reappeared after not being there. Once I unpinned that and repinned the correct tile, I missed a call and now the live tile is stuck displaying that one missed called.

Just like you, unpinning the tile, rebooting, a soft reset, nor deleting the call worked. So, no fix as of yet. I'm not willing to do a hard reset to see if that works. I hate losing the call history, but so goes beta testing.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Okay. So, here's a fix. Next time you get a phone call, tap "ignore it". It will come up as a missed call. I think that clears it. Just to be sure, pull down the Action Center, tap the missed call notification to go into call history, then call the person back.

Now, if I can just figure out where my call history went.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I was all set on saying that they're ready for primetime with 10149, until I went for my morning workout. Everything else has been relatively stable and it's much faster and more fluid, but the music app still can't make it through a workout without flaking out on me in some way. Zune never did it and near the end of 8.1.1 they had Xbox music at a respectable level that was reliable.

The music app has improved significantly but I'm still not ready to recommend it to any friends. I want to wait until it's rock solid before I prematurely convince someone to download it. I'm sure they've heard enough flack about the music app and they're definitely moving in the right direction so I have full confidence.

I will agree that it's faster and it may become my daily driver but I wouldn't try to convert anyone to the platform yet. One or two more builds and we might be there.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
can anyone confirm no call history and mp3 player neither stock neither others detect mp3s on SD card?
This answers your question.
426dfd4b9e5d4775098cbf7163146b8a.jpg

Sent by my Honor 6

nachin_007

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone confirm that the version number of this new build is 10.0.12648.133? I'm on 10136 build and since this thread I've gone to the Update phone section in Settings, and surprise! It's offered me to upgrade.

EDIT: Nevermind, I've just seen another thread where this has been confirmed. I'm updating from Lumia 1020 and I've read it stuck on 0% when downloading. Any advices? Rollbacking to 8.1 perhaps?

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone confirm that the version number of this new build is 10.0.12648.133? I'm on 10136 build and since this thread I've gone to the Update phone section in Settings, and surprise! It's offered me to upgrade.

EDIT: Nevermind, I've just seen another thread where this has been confirmed. I'm updating from Lumia 1020 and I've read it stuck on 0% when downloading. Any advices? Rollbacking to 8.1 perhaps?
Just wait. I came from 10136 too and you won't see immediate download. The actual download is like 10 minutes on mine as it is incremental in my opinion.

Sent by my Honor 6

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site

You probably realize this by now, but it stays at 0% for like 10 minutes before jumping to a higher percentage. Just leave it be, watch a movie, and it will hopefully be done. It is so slow, but should eventually get there.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
So I installed the preview yesterday evening on my 1020 and so far It performs ok. I can disable/enable wifi and data connection, most apps work pretty well. Its not as fast as 8.1 and the action center is a bit unresponsive when i try to pull it down. One bug that occurs it the phenomena other people already described where all the symbols in the action center start blinking. From that point all the actions are totally unresponsive and do nothing at all. I can trigger this behavior by pulling the full action center down. If I stay with only the top4 I have no issues with it.

Another bug are that i get no notifications for e-mail but i can live with it. I will stay on this version all tough its my daily driver because the issues are not that hard for me.

locolyric

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
yeah, is as fast as 8.1 but with some bugs.
i do factory reset and the default icon is in the start screen. if we click the weather or xbox from home screen, the phone will auto reboot.

There is a default facebook , but the store(beta) did come with another facebook and i don't know i need to replace the stock facebook or not.

nachin_007

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Thanks everyone. Yes, indeed it seems to stuck at 0% but internally it continues downloading, and then jumps to 40%. The thing is I've left it downloading, went to sleep, and then it alerted with a sound that I had to restart. As I had to wake up early this morning and I needed the alarm function, I was afraided of the upgrade to fail and I didn't restart it, I thought "I'll install it tomorrow after awakening". Well, when I tried to install it, it's given me an error, an error that I read over here, 0x80000c05 or something finished with 5, I don't remember.

I turned the phone off and retried, and... IT STARTED DOWNLOADING AGAIN! Oh my ******* god. Anyway... Solutions to that error? Soft reset with Volume Down + Lock key, maybe?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte